Quiz 2: Linux Kernel

D

DevynCJohnson

Here is the next quiz. The answer will be provided in a few days if no one is able to answer.

1. Linux uses a __________ kernel while Minix uses a ___________ kernel.

2. True or false: Android uses the Linux kernel.

3. True or false: The iPad uses the Linux kernel.

4. Does the Linux kernel work on the Microblaze processor when compiled for the processor?

1. Linux uses a monolithic kernel, Minix uses a microkernel.
2. True
3. False
4. Linux can be compiled to run on Microblaze architecture.

1. Linux uses a monolithic kernel, Minix uses a microkernel.
2. True
3. False
4. Linux can be compiled to run on Microblaze architecture.

Correct 100%!

I was starting to think no one could answer that quiz. I was going to post the answers this afternoon, but you answered. Great job.

Your poll at the top, would you consider 3.11 when asking that question? It is still in development....

Your poll at the top, would you consider 3.11 when asking that question? It is still in development....

True, 3.11 is in development, but 3.1, 3.2, ...... are done. In my opinion, 3.x is better and more stable than 2.6. I wanted to see what other Linux users thought about that. For instance, in the 2.6 series, I had many issue with my Wifi device among some other small issues.

Yeah, I am forced to use 3.11 for my wifi card. I don't know, with the Nvidia 3.10 issues I am unsure what to think. 2.6 had issues also.

Currently, I use 3.8.x on my laptop running Ubuntu and 3.6.x on my Raspberry Pi system running a Raspbian derivative. (I am currently making my own Linux operating system; that would be the Raspbian derivative).

My Android system uses 2.6.x without issues, but Android 2.3 does not use Linux kernel 3.x.

3.10.9-CK on my desktops...No smart phone or tablet. No Raspberry Pi...I need one. :(

I haven't used a 2.X in years....

Members online

Latest posts