Radioberry pitop board for the raspberry 4

you could get around the heat issue by getting a 3d printed case or making a case . just put huge fans on it and let it rip!
I'm not 100% sure all these heat sinks are worth it to be honest but they look cool. you could get by with just using thermo paste.

you could get around the heat issue by getting a 3d printed case or making a case . just put huge fans on it and let it rip!
I'm not 100% sure all these heat sinks are worth it to be honest but they look cool. you could get by with just using thermo paste.
Yeah, I could, but if I am designing something for disaster com use, I want to make it as robust as possible, and simple to setup and use. I would also want it to use as little power as possible. If it was in a case, with keyboard, display, and power supply, it would be even easier to setup or move quickly. I would just need to setup the antenna, open the case, and be in business. Easy Peasy!

Baofeng UV-5R 128 Channel Dual Band Two Way Radio would be the easiest way it's also battery powered. lol

Baofeng UV-5R 128 Channel Dual Band Two Way Radio would be the easiest way it's also battery powered. lol
heh better watch out! To some hams, the use of cheap Chinese radios is blasphemy!

Personally, I use one for simplex and local repeater. That's because its easier to walk around the house with it and my primary desktop is different than my radio desktop which is where my Kenwood TM-V71A sits.

The only problem with that is that I was trying to this set up a portable HF station for disaster message traffic. There is still something to be said for local message traffic via vhf / uhf though.

I use the HTX-202 (amplified by Heathkit) for vhf mobile, and the HTX-404 for UHF mobile, with a TM-731A dualbander in the shack, mounted under the Drakes.
Paul

Last edited:
Ok, check out this video.

Ok, try it now. I replaced the link.

Last edited:
The video is currently broken and says to try again later.

@ VPKS I was not trying to sound like a smartass sorry if it seemed that way . I was just looking at logics .
Full respect to you as I would not be where I'm at if you were to not posting much respect to you sir.
I was just reading back posts and it looked like I was talking sh++.

Nah! No worries, mate! It was just friendly banter:cool:. I talk sh++ all the time too. Not to worry.
The guy in that video is a bit difficult to understand at times, but the rig is an interesting piece of engineering!
Happy Trails,
Paul

Members online

Latest posts