Rar Extraction

keith 1955

Reaction score
Credits
New convert to Linux and Ubuntu 18.04. thanks to all who have answered my previous questions which has resulted in me having a efficient version i am very happy with.
installed qBittorrent which is working well, yesterday i downloaded a large file which i found had to be Rar Extracted.
Followed instructions
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install rar unrar
The program worked but i could only see Extract Here option. is it possible to add to this to allow Extract too.

many thanks.

arochester.
Thanks for the link, i must confess to not being the brightest bulb in the box when faced with computer problems. Especially when so very new to Linux, Since your post yesterday i have tried what i thought is correct but with no joy.
I have downloaded a large movie file, opened it the only option to extract is extract here.
i have an external Maxtor HDD attached to laptop with a folder named TV and a sub folder named shows it would be good if i could make the extracted file go to it.
When i open files program it shows my Maxtor HDD when i open this and click on properties of the file named shows it reads parent folder /media/keith/Maxtor/TV
i appreciate i'm all but asking you to come round and set this up but anymore insight would be appreciated and in the simplest language possible.
Thanks.

Members online