Raspberry pi loses hdmi0 output when audio cable is plugged in

Just to make sure that there was no problem with the pi, I connected it to my HDMI tv. I had to reload raspian, but then the audio and video both worked. I did notice that the desktop was larger than the display, but I didn't dare adjust, for fear of incurring the rath of the other half. Anyway it seems to work fine now. We shall see what happens when the adapter arrives.:)

My new adapter arrived, and now I have sound!! Now I can get familiar with this little gem. Then I will get busy on loading Slackware 14.2 onto it. I think that I will try both 32 and 64 bit versions, before deciding which to use. :) :)

Point well taken, mate! Thanks for trying to keep me straight. That is a full time job for my wife:).

Bluetooth Audio is a big problem on all pis, to solve this just Google for raspberrypi Bluetooth headset and follow those instructions. My hdmi out works fine, at the beginning I had time to some random and weard full screen flickering but after some new kernels this doesn't happen anymore.
Actually, I found out how to get it to work. Once I got it paired, all I needed to do was right click on the speaker icon, and select the blue tooth audio device. Now, it works perfectly!!

Happy Trails
Paul

Just to make sure that there was no problem with the pi, I connected it to my HDMI tv. I had to reload raspian, but then the audio and video both worked. I did notice that the desktop was larger than the display, but I didn't dare adjust, for fear of incurring the rath of the other half. Anyway it seems to work fine now. We shall see what happens when the adapter arrives.:)
That is also fine now. My wife decided to adjust the screen, because some of the live streams (of snowfall?) that she likes to watch, did not fit on the screen either.

Members online

Latest posts