ratbag-command macro examples

Llewen

Reaction score
Credits
I have a Logitech 502 gaming mouse. I use ratbag-command to configure it. I haven't been able to get the piper gui frontend to work with it because of a python error. The man page for ratbag-command is woefully inadequate and figuring out exact command syntax has been mostly trial and error. However, the syntax for macros has me completely stumped.

Does anyone have any working examples of ratbag-command macro syntax? The following is an example of what I have tried that hasn't worked. The man page does mention using +KEY_[key] for a key down action.

Code:
ratbag-command profile 1 button 9 action set macro '+KEY_LEFTCTRL KEY_S -KEY_LEFTCTRL' /dev/input/event2

I have no idea whether I should be putting commas between the commands, or semi-colons, or how quotes should be used, or whether the macro can link to a script, or any of that stuff, and as I said, I've been completely unable to find any examples or documentation on it, anywhere.

Appreciate that, but nothing there is helpful at this point. I've got the mouse working pretty well, other than ratbag being a bit flaky and it being extremely difficult to find good information on the exact syntax for ratbag-command. My guess is if I could get piper working then I would be able to use that to configure the mouse without having to worry about ratbag-command syntax, but unfortunately there's a python error that has been reported, and reported as fixed, which is still an issue on Debian Buster.

I had a similar issue where there seems to be a total lack of documentation on the internet, eventually I figured out the syntax is like this:

Code:
ratbagctl hooting-chinchilla button 6 action set macro +KEY_LEFTALT KEY_ENTER -KEY_LEFTALT

Where hooting-chinchilla is my mouse device name from ratbatchctl list.

Members online

Latest posts