Re-installing Nvidia driver issues

Ax22

Reaction score
Credits
Hi, im new to Linux and i re-encountered this problem that i had previously solved. I use Parrot OS Security Edition and as you can see from the screenshot I´ve got blacklisted nouveau and everything was running fine until a couple of days ago when nouveau,vesa started to load again. Since then I have purged and uninstalled the Nvidia Drivers, but when I try to reinstall them with
“ sudo apt install nvidia-driver -t parrot-backports ” I get the error seen in screenshot 2. I´ve tried a lot but couldn´t solve it. If you could help me that would be awesome. Thx.
(Note: i cant use Nouveau because it makes my Laptop CPU go to 80% most of the time) (Sorry for my English, its not my main Language)

[+] Nvidia RTX 3060 Mobile / AMD Ryzen 5800H with Radeon Graphics

[+] Dual-Boot with Windows 10

[+] Parrot Version: 5.2 Electro Ara

[+] Kernel Version: 6.1.0-0.deb11.5-amd64

issue.png
Screenshot at 2023-04-19 18-55-26.png

Wellcome to the hellscape of installing Nvidia drivers on Linux. :eek: Which is one of the reasons is use PoP!_os, since all drivers are curated for me by the system76 crew, and they pick only the most stable releases.

It seems that the dpkg package manager can't seem to find dependencies for the Nvidia driver.
sudo dpkg --configure -a
Try this then try installing the drivers again. It will rebuild the package lists and update dependency requirements.

Members online