Real-time plot of terminal output?

polarq

Reaction score
Credits
Hello,

there are lots of heart-rate monitoring apps on android, but I wanted to get real time HR to my linux mint screen, ideally as a graphic line. I found quite sophisticated command how to get readings on my polar hr10 strap to terminal (see screenshot, it produces nice output - every second I get a new line/reading, HR is the first number).

But how to get this numbers from terminal to some graphic form realtime? I guess I have to send the output to file (will the file update realtime?), and then read it from file and somehow show it graphically. Do you have any ideas on how to do this in command line, ideally without too much additional libraries? Or is there a software for this?

Thanks,
Vladimir

2022-09-13_16-44.png

Your previous post on this subject:

Still haven't found anything that works for you, I take it? I looked around when you first posted the original thread but didn't find anything that looked like it was useful. Sadly, manufacturers really don't care about Linux users very much.

Osprey thanks a lot, termgraph looks ok

KGIII nice you noticed, and yes, unfortunately manufacturers seem to have other priorities. Although I don't know if any app bringing HR to your PC neatly exists under windows either.

Old Tom thanks, VisiData looks useful also in broader scope, will have a look at it

Members online

Latest posts