redl hit me up :(

kavlas

Reaction score
Credits
hello i have two laptops i have ubuntu in my laptop and windows 10 in my other laptop, i had all my memories pictures videos and some papers from univercity i studied in a external hard drive, i made some formats in my one laptop and lots of files now are coded with redl and i cant open them, can i restore them ? its my memories :( so sad....
any tips would be apriciated!!!

G'day Kavlas, Welcome to linux.org

The files being "held" by redl would have been on the Windows 10 laptop...Correct?

If that is so, the best advice I can give you is to READ THIS carefully

Last edited:
Your files have been encrypted with ransomware, so I would assume both your laptops(or just the one with Windows 10) are probably infected because the files your external hard drive are.
Hate to tell you but you are probably screwed unless you made regular backups.

Last edited:
G'day Kavlas, Welcome to linux.org

The files being "held" by redl would have been on the Windows 10 laptop...Correct?

If that is so, the best advice I can give you is to READ THIS carefully

the files are in external drive, i have ubuntu in one laptop and windows 10 in another, where have i had more chances to recover them ? or it doesnt matter if its ubuntu or windows 10 ?

Do you know if your files were encrypted with an OFFLINE key.....OR an ONLINE key ?

When were the files encrypted ?

how can i see if it was with an offline key or an online key?

Read the links we gave you please.

yes i will check them, it will take a while please stay tunned ? <3 thanks and cheers!!!!

Members online

Latest posts