Relax, and take your time.

Why don`t use the time to gather together with your family, do things you have put off till never?
Come on! Nothing happens in vain)

stay home stay alive

Maybe he wanted everyone else to have a base to built on, including many people creating open-source software or his a Russian spy surveilling everyone using Linux servers?

Seriously, I must just mention Mark Shuttleworth, who threw open Linux to the common people.

Last edited:
The one thing that most newbies seem to have in common is their impatience. I have been most guilty of not slowing down and digesting things.
Newbies to Linux are likely to have come from a Windows/Mac-land where most software is commercial/paid to get bugs ironed out (not that it makes them perfect, but there's a general degree of polish and focus I feel), a place where choice is limited....
But that's the great thing about Linux - having the freedom to choose.
I keep saying this to my mac/win friends to join linux and they seem to hate freedom and prefer evil-mega-corp making choices for them. I'm surprised that freedom is an "anti-feature" for a lot of people.

Actually, if I didn't tinker and fine tune so much and just used things "out of the box", I wouldn't have run into 10x as many problems. But noooo.... I just have to have to have the right WM or whatever. fml... and now just because I'm so damn pedantic I'm willing to go deep down the linux rabbit hole just so I can bend the system to my supreme will and install the perfect calendar app

Members online

Latest posts