Release 15 Alpha 1 imminent (2021), 15 Final Release (2022)

So, I guess Slackware isn't dead!

I couldn't help myself.

I couldn't help myself.
i haven't seen any posts here quoting "is slackware dead" but yes i have seen elsewhere . At least its not dead as of 2021 ! Also it seem Pat will stick with kernel 5.10 (5.10.10) so that at least takes us to 2023

Last edited:
I noted the article from DW last night and was wondering if you had seen it.

Silly me :)

@VP9KS take note, too.

Wiz

QUOTE="KGIII, post: 113602, member: 102591"]

I couldn't help myself.
[/QUOTE]
The oldest continuously serviced disstro in existence, s'il vou plait :cool:

For amusement purposes only:

Slackware was 5 years old yesterday; so if there is a new release this year it will have taken 6 years. I wonder if that holds a record for time between releases ?

i think my choice of word "imminent" on post dated February was also a typo ; it should have been "we are not holding our breath" 6 years today since release of 14.2 and no sign of 15 yet !

Mr P.V
"I don't see any benefit to another public mass rebuild, so we're not going to do one.
Anyway, without further ado, here is Slackware 15.0 release candidate one."

i think my choice of word "imminent" on post dated February was also a typo ; it should have been "we are not holding our breath" 6 years today since release of 14.2 and no sign of 15 yet !
"The impossible we can do now, Miracles take a bit more time:p."
"A watched pot never boils!o_O

Slackware current nudged ahead of Arch today ; on Arch I have
uname -r (08-31 18:57)
5.13.13-arch1-1
whereas on Slackware current from the change logs they are up to 5.14.0
How long will that last ?

Soon... Presumably... I can't wait to get it up and running in a VM to see what's different. I haven't played with Slackware in ages. I never did get around to playing with the alpha release.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts