Request for help troubleshooting new computer build

Turns out, low profile cooling fan doesn't fit in mobo and now i have to return everything again. How lame. People in the computer industry often talk about "human error", but what this means is that computer error is inevitable, and while i was never a believer anyways robots will never be able to save the human race.

Last edited by a moderator:

Luckily, i had a change of fortune, by realizing i should have looked at the manual for the processor fan, the system is up and running
20211227_155821.jpg
, but not responding to my flash drive

If you got the manual for the motherboard, read and look for open short boot menu [or similar] on my dell it's F12 but is different for each make,

insert the Usb , open short boot menu and scroll down to USB highlight and enter

If you got the manual for the motherboard, read and look for open short boot menu [or similar] on my dell it's F12 but is different for each make,

insert the Usb , open short boot menu and scroll down to USB highlight and enter

yeah i guess ill check that out, it just takes me to the bios settings and doesn't from the flash drive, i'm working on re-writing the ISO because i figured maybe linux pen drive screwed it up or something, i've had issues with images i've written with that program before, but i'm running kali on my laptop (how i'm talking to you about this...) and i'm pretty sure i used a USB for that...

You will have full bios for setting up and a short boot menu to make a temporary selection,

good luck with the Kalli , it can be a pain to set up , unless you have experience

if you can't find the short boot menu tell us the full make and model of the MB and I will try and look it up

You will have full bios for setting up and a short boot menu to make a temporary selection,

good luck with the Kalli , it can be a pain to set up , unless you have experience

if you can't find the short boot menu tell us the full make and model of the MB and I will try and look it up

i'm basically just trying to learn things, installing Kali was actually pretty easy, i have the manual "kali revealed" on the computer and i intend to finish reading it eventually...i haven't seen anything about the short boot either within the manual or within the BIOS, i just wrote ubuntu to a different flash drive with dd, let's see what happens

I don't need any more help even though you're all free to ask me questions...it turns out I was right and ubuntu just failed to get written properly, dd works great for bootable images. Now, I must research partitioning as I dont want to write the whole 2TB as ubuntu!

Members online