[Resolved] I'm Unable To Uninstall Elementary OS Hera Default 'Music' Player

Dumpling

Reaction score
Credits
Edit: The problem is now Resolved!

I prefer VLC player for listening to my music so I don't require Elementary os's default music player. Problem is, when I try uninstalling from the AppCenter it gives an error (it even occurs when I tried uninstalling it from the Terminal) I have attached 2 screenshots of me trying to uninstall the music player from the AppCenter and the Terminal. What should I do?

Screenshot from 2020-12-27 14-01-13.png
Screenshot from 2020-12-27 14-08-07.png

Last edited:

It looks like it's part of a bigger package.

I installed a task manager, just to have a nice GUI way, on my eOS VM. I found that it's "io.elementary.music" as the running process. Killing that process closes the open Music window, which confirms that that's the process name.

Wait...

No, I've got it... (I decided to keep trying before pressing the button to post this.)

sudo apt remove noise

That'll do it. If you have the icon in the tray, it'll fade the icon a bit. So, follow it with:

sudo reboot

Or just put them together...

sudo apt remove noise -y && sudo reboot

It looks like it's part of a bigger package.

I installed a task manager, just to have a nice GUI way, on my eOS VM. I found that it's "io.elementary.music" as the running process. Killing that process closes the open Music window, which confirms that that's the process name.

Wait...

No, I've got it... (I decided to keep trying before pressing the button to post this.)

sudo apt remove noise

That'll do it. If you have the icon in the tray, it'll fade the icon a bit. So, follow it with:

sudo reboot

Or just put them together...

sudo apt remove noise -y && sudo reboot

sudo apt remove noise did the trick, thanks a bunch! (also love your dedication to solve problems :))

I enjoy solving problems so much that I spend my free time helping other people solve their problems.

Members online