Richard May 20. 2020

Richard Pearce

Reaction score
Credits
As a newbee I did an update on ubuntu 20.4 & adobe flash player stop working. Any suggestions. I use Aser E15 , 8 gigs ram , 256 ssd intel CPU N3540 @ 2.16GHz × 4 .

Last edited:

G'day Richard, and Welcome to linux.org

Which browser are you using ?

Is there a specific reason you have Adobe flash player installed ?...perhaps a specific website that wont work without it ?

How do you know Adobe stopped working ?

The modern alternative to Adobe Flash is HTML5....it is included in all modern browsers, Firefox and Chrome in particular.

Adobe is to be discontinued by the end of 2020

Have a read...
Flash is a plug-in for your web browser that allows you to watch videos and use interactive web pages on some websites. While HTML5, which is a more modern solution, is increasingly offered, there are still some websites which won't work without Flash.

If you do not have Flash installed, you will probably see a message telling you so when you visit a website that needs it. Flash is available as a free (but not open-source) download for most web browsers.

Adobe has announced that they will stop updating and distributing the Flash Player at the end of 2020. Consequently, for security reasons, the Flash plug-in should not be used after 2020.

Last edited:
Welcome, Richard!
Acer says this about your machine.

G'day Richard, and Welcome to linux.org

Which browser are you using ?

Is there a specific reason you have Adobe flash player installed ?...perhaps a specific website that wont work without it ?

How do you know Adobe stopped working ?

The modern alternative to Adobe Flash is HTML5....it is included in all modern browsers, Firefox and Chrome in particular.

Adobe is to be discontinued by the end of 2020

Have a read...
Flash is a plug-in for your web browser that allows you to watch videos and use interactive web pages on some websites. While HTML5, which is a more modern solution, is increasingly offered, there are still some websites which won't work without Flash.

If you do not have Flash installed, you will probably see a message telling you so when you visit a website that needs it. Flash is available as a free (but not open-source) download for most web browsers.

Adobe has announced that they will stop updating and distributing the Flash Player at the end of 2020. Consequently, for security reasons, the Flash plug-in should not be used after 2020.

Thanks for your help. Flash player working again on Chromium Version 81.0.4044.138. I use adobe for a video game( iplayseneca.play4funnetnetwork.com )

Last edited:
Flash does not exist on my system.

Same here @jglen490 .....wouldnt have it anywhere near my pc

@Richard Pearce ....how sure are you that the games site will not run without adobe ?

Have you tried Firefox browser ?

as per my post above, ""Adobe has announced that they will stop updating and distributing the Flash Player at the end of 2020. Consequently, for security reasons, the Flash plug-in should not be used after 2020. Adobe has announced that they will stop updating and distributing the Flash Player at the end of 2020. Consequently, for security reasons, the Flash plug-in should not be used after 2020. ""

@Richard Pearce ....how sure are you that the games site will not run without adobe ?

Have you tried Firefox browser ?

as per my post above, ""Adobe has announced that they will stop updating and distributing the Flash Player at the end of 2020. Consequently, for security reasons, the Flash plug-in should not be used after 2020. Adobe has announced that they will stop updating and distributing the Flash Player at the end of 2020. Consequently, for security reasons, the Flash plug-in should not be used after 2020. ""
I tried the game on Firefox but it freezes, that why I use Chromium.

Latest posts