Rock Roxx

OK, loved the music but Wizard buys a steak dinner for anybody who spotted in the Unchained Melody cover that the video is presented back-to-front.

1. Poster on the wall behind him is in reverse, and
2. His shirt buttons are back to front for a man (as opposed to a lady)

Cheers

Wiz

Heard this on the car radio yesterday.

One of my fave tracks from their album The Wall.

About mental illness.

Vocals shared between David Gilmour and Roger Waters.

Pink Floyd "Hey You"

I found this interesting, a comparison of vocal ranges between Axl Rose and Mariah Carey.

Plot
Pink is a rock star, one of the many reasons which have left him depressed. At the beginning of the film, he appears motionless and expressionless, while remembering his father. ("When the Tigers Broke Free, Part 1") While Pink imagines a crowd of fans entering one of his concerts, but him receiving them in a fascist alter ego, a flashback reveals how his father was killed defending the Anzio beachhead during World War II, in Pink's infancy. ("In the Flesh?") The aftermath of the battle is seen ("The Thin Ice"), and thus, Pink's mother raises him alone, which affects Pink's childhood. ("Another Brick in the Wall, Part 1") A young Pink later discovers a scroll from "kind old King George" and other relics from his father's military service and death. ("When the Tigers Broke Free, Part 2") An animation depicts the war, showing that the death of the people was for nothing. ("Goodbye Blue Sky") Pink places a bullet on the track of an oncoming train within a tunnel, and the train that passes has children peering out of the windows wearing face masks.

At school, he is caught writing poems in class and is humiliated by the teacher who reads a poem from Pink's book (lyrics from the song "Money"). However, it is revealed that the bad treatment of the students is because of the unhappiness of the teacher's marriage. ("The Happiest Days of Our Lives") Pink imagines an oppressive school system in which children fall into a meat grinder. Pink then fantasizes about the children rising in rebellion and burning down the school, throwing the teacher onto a bonfire. ("Another Brick in The Wall, Part 2") As an adult now, Pink remembers his overprotective mother ("Mother"), and when he got married. After a phone call, Pink discovers that his wife is cheating on him, and another animation shows that every traumatic experience he has had is represented as a "brick" in the metaphorical wall he constructs around himself that divides him from all society. ("What Shall We Do Now?")

Pink then comes back to the hotel room with a groupie ("Young Lust"), only for her to annoy Pink to the point where he destroys the room in a fit of violence, scaring her away. ("One of My Turns") Depressed, he thinks about his wife, and feels trapped in his room. ("Don't Leave me Now") He then remembers every "brick" of his wall ("Another Brick in The Wall, Part 3"). His wall shown to be complete, and the film returns to the first scene. ("Goodbye Cruel World")

Now inside his wall, he does not leave his hotel room ("Is There Anybody Out There?"), and begins to lose his mind to metaphorical "worms". He shaves all his body hair, and watches The Dam Busters on television. ("Nobody Home") A flashback shows young Pink searching through trenches of the war ("Vera"), eventually finding himself as an adult. Young Pink runs in terror, and appears in a station, with the people demanding that the soldiers return home. ("Bring the Boys Back Home") Returning to the present, Pink's manager finds him in his hotel room, drugged and unresponsive. A paramedic injects him to enable him to perform. ("Comfortably Numb")

In this state, Pink dreams that he is a dictator and his concert is a fascist rally. ("In the Flesh") His followers proceed to attack people. ("Run Like Hell") He then holds a rally in suburban London, indicating his mind has taken over. ("Waiting for the Worms") The scene includes images of animated marching hammers that goose-step across ruins. Pink then stops hallucinating and screams "STOP!", deciding he no longer wants to be in the wall. He is then seen cowering in a bathroom stall, silently singing to himself as a security guard walks past him. ("Stop") In a climactic animated sequence, Pink, as a rag doll, is on trial for "showing feelings of an almost human nature", and his sentence is "to be exposed before his peers". His teacher and wife accuse him, while his mother tries to take him home. The judge gives the order to "tear down the wall!" ("The Trial") Following a prolonged silence, the wall is smashed as Pink can be heard screaming. Pink is never seen again after this. Several children are seen cleaning up a pile of debris, with a freeze-frame on one of the children emptying a Molotov cocktail, after which the film ends. ("Outside the Wall")

The above copied from this link.

So enjoyed those Glen Campbell songs, I forget sometimes what a wonderful guitarist he was.

Here's one of my faves of his

Wichita Lineman

Heard this on the car radio yesterday.

One of my fave tracks from their album The Wall.

About mental illness.

Vocals shared between David Gilmour and Roger Waters.

Pink Floyd "Hey You"

probably more about mental ilness on Dark Side of the Moon ,though don't you think eg track Brain damage : the lunatic is on the grass ..Although the lyric "comfortably numb " could fit a lot of people including a friend of mine , running around in circles . Then again that might be better than my position , where if i don't run around in circles i might have the time to think is this all there is..and so on

40 years ago today, John Lennon was gunned down.

Here's "Imagine"

The day Lennon was murdered, I was at an Elton John concert. Elton was touring Australia every year at that time, and I saw him 3 years in a row.

When he heard the news of Lennon's death, he was devastated, as they were great friends.

A year later, when he toured again, he took the opportunity to premiere a song written in memory of Lennon. Of course, I was there.

Here's the lyrics if you want to take a look

Lyrics
What happened here
As the New York sunset disappeared
I found an empty garden among the flagstones there
Who lived here
He must have been a gardener that cared a lot
Who weeded out the tears and grew a good crop
And now it all looks strange
It's funny how one insect can damage so much grain
And what's it for
This little empty garden by the brownstone door
And in the cracks along the sidewalk nothing grows no more
Who lived here
And we are so amazed, we're crippled and we're dazed
A gardener like that one no one can replace
And I've been knocking but no one answers
And I've been knocking most of the day
Oh and I've been calling, oh hey hey Johnny
Can't you come out to play
And through their tears
Some say he farmed his best in younger years
But he'd have said that roots grow stronger, if only he could hear
Who lived there
Now we pray for rain, and with every drop that falls
We hear, we hear your name
And I've been knocking most of the day
Can't you come out to play
And I've been knocking most all the day
Can't you come out, can you come out to play, Johnny
Can't you come out to play in your empty garden, Johnny
Source: LyricFind
Songwriters: Bernie Taupin / Elton John
Empty Garden lyrics © Universal Music Publishing Group

I can still cry when I read them, but then I am a sook for music :)

Here's "Empty Garden" by Sir Elton John.

Wizard

John Lennon stills lives through his music.

R.I.P. John Lennon. :(

Last edited by a moderator:

CLICK ON THE LINK, AND LISTEN TO A VOICE THAT HAS HARDLY MELLOWED IN 50 YEARS !

Last edited:
Here's a little Christmas offering from one of my favourite bands, Jethro Tull.

This one's a live version from 1992, of Christmas Song.

Take it away, Ian Anderson.

Wiz

Watching this right now on youtube and thought of sharing here

No better song to start my day - U2 from the War album.

New Year's Day.

Crank up your volume for 5 minutes and 35 seconds. Take it away Bono and Edge

Staff online

Members online