Rock Roxx

More Cream utilizing EC's Wah Wah box...... from Disraeli Gears............

I fricken' love Peter Paul and Mary. I even have an 'insider' story, but it was probably a year or two after Mary passed. I played the same stage with Noel "Paul" Stookey and we got to talking. I'd later spend a couple of days visiting his place (he lives in Maine now). We even did some recording in his studio, which occupies part of an old chicken coup (picture chicken farm coup, not the coup your neighbors have with four chickens in it).

So, I don't name drop often, but I will mention getting to play with Paul, from Peter Paul and Mary. He's now a bit religious, but I'm not sure if that's new - or how new it is. It was all good. I would happily put up with any proselytizing to have the chance to play with him.

One of the things about playing the guitar is how many doors it has opened up, doors that would otherwise be unavailable to me.

Hmm... Before hitting the post button, I flipped through some old emails. This wasn't until 2012. So, a few years after Mary passed.

Sandy Denny was possibly the only female vocalist to appear in one of Led Zeppelin's tracks. Sandy was with Fairport Convention, and a prolific songwriter in her own right, including being recorded by Judy Collins and Nina Simone.

Here she is in a duet with Robert Plant on one of my fave Zeppelin tracks, "Battle of Evermore" which indicates that Zeppelin members were also fans of J. R. R. Tolkien

Avagudweegend

And the same song, over 50 years later, this time with Allison Krauss.

Amazing

Rock ??....nah not really.......but......

Found a couple of Annie Lennox I had not seen today

The first is her spin on Procol Harum's "Whiter Shade of Pale", and the second is "Why"

See what you think.

Avagudweegend

Wiz

Forget about the dracula angle/connection etc

A masterpiece from 1994....telling you that Love Never Dies.

Last edited:

Five years after his death, a new version of Gurrumul's Bayini shines light on Indigenous Australia's pre-colonial ties with Indonesia​

1669456240476.png

A new version of Gurrumul Yunupingu's song has been released, five years after his death

Members online

Latest posts