Rooting Android ?

V

Videodrome

For a long time I've still been carrying a Flip-Phone. I feel like it's time to finally upgrade, especially if I have a goal of working in IT.

As a Linux user, I'm very interesting in really exploring the phone operating system. I do of course have Sudo or Root on my computers and I've heard of people gaining this access to their phone. If anyone here had done that I'm curious what your experience was. Is this difficult to do? Is it worth the trouble? Did you think the phone could be made more Secure? Or does Rooting create a Security risk?

Also, I'm sort of aware that phones might have a factory reset. If someone thinks they borked their own phone can they just reset it?

I have rooted a few tablets and phones. It's worth it if you want to load a better ROM (OS) than the original/official or modify the current one, and, say, manage your phone with more freedom.

A clean ROM can add a lot of performance and privacy (stock ROMs are full of spywares, some of them appear in application managers, some don't, some can be uninstalled without root privileges, some can't). In this sense, I think the phone becomes securer.

Root access itself never caused me security problems.

Before rooting it, you usually must enable USB debugging mode on your phone and download the tools/drivers on a computer if needed to accomplish the task.

The official factory resets about which I am aware (when it comes to recovering the OS, not the system configuration defaults) consist in writing the original ROM again into the phone internal flash memory space meant to store the OS, usually via USB. Maybe there are more stock hard reset methods, but it's the most common. Clockworkmod helps you do that without a computer (when you already have a few ROMs saved in your device). If you have the original ROM, you'll probably be able to recover any modern android phone after some research.

http://www.xda-developers.com has a lot of information (and custom roms developed for many specific phone models). A fine community.

Last edited:
Rooting means you are giving yourself admin rights, nowadays companies sells the gadgets full with bloat-wares so I recommend rooting your device and uninstalling those useless shit.

Apart from removing those shit, rooting can enable you to:
i)Force move any app(even system apps) to SD card.
ii)edit core system files like build.prop.
iii)Install custom roms.
iv)Tweaking the system.
etc

Rooting means you are giving yourself admin rights, nowadays companies sells the gadgets full with bloat-wares so I recommend rooting your device and uninstalling those useless shit.

Apart from removing those shit, rooting can enable you to:
i)Force move any app(even system apps) to SD card.
ii)edit core system files like build.prop.
iii)Install custom roms.
iv)Tweaking the system.
etc
Unless you can set the entire system runnig from external memory instead of internal (some ROMs let you do that by manually modifying a config file), I wouldn't say moving system software is a good idea, generally. Nonetheless, being able to move stubborn apps that for some reason insist in remaining in the Android 2.1 era is great.

Unless you can set the entire system runnig from external memory instead of internal (some ROMs let you do that by manually modifying a config file), I wouldn't say moving system software is a good idea, generally. Nonetheless, being able to move stubborn apps that for some reason insist in remaining in the Android 2.1 era is great.
right, one must have some ideas while moving system apps.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts