Rooting without having to boot

Navneeth

Reaction score
Credits
So I had an old lenovo tablet which is just there without any reason. So me and my dad wanted to install Kali or Ubuntu in it. However I don't know the exact steps. Also since it cannot boot I cannot install TWRP or activate the USB debugging without booting the device. I give myself to the great Linux users who know this better than me. I am trying to play with Linus and Sorry if this has been asked before.

Ps I am vey much a beginner.
Thanks

Moving this to Linux Hardware, where it may get a better response.

Good luck (and welcome) I think you will need it :)

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

This gets a little complicated. First most of these tablets run on ARM type CPUs.
You'll need a distro that runs on ARM, I know Ubuntu, Arch and Fedora support ARM.
Kali has some hardware specific versions.

I personally don't recommend Kali for beginners, it isn't the easiest to use.
But getting the image is only half the problem. You need a way to install it.

There are more tools to do this from Windows, but it can be done from Linux.

Also since it cannot boot I cannot install TWRP or activate the USB debugging without booting the device.
If your device is dead, then you cannot do anything. Dead is dead. Recycle it.

If it is not really dead, find your model on this website, and follow the steps to do a hard reset, or factory reset. You can really only work with it if you can boot it.

I kinda want to say that your looking in the wrong place. XDA is the stop to go for twrp help and it seems like you want to flash a custom rom with linux on it.

Members online

Latest posts