Rufus for jump drive

mooseman1976

Reaction score
Credits
Hello, May I receive some help in where can I download Rufus to help with installing mint 20.1 cinnamon to a jump drive. Then install mint on jump drive to a desk top computer please? Thank you

Rufus is a Windows-only application.

If you want something for Linux, or about most anything, you'd be looking for Balena Etcher.

See also:

If you want something for Linux, or about most anything, you'd be looking for Balena Etcher.

See also:

See also:
Thank you for your help. Sorry for the duplication. After I reread the first post I said that is not how I should have said that. Sorry again. Thank you for your help, mooseman1976

Mint has a nice USB Image Writer installed or you can use Etcher.
happy0034.gif

As @sam444 has said Mint includes an excelent usb image burner, easy to use and fairly fast, I use it all the time

Bwiz

Etcher is a good one as already mentioned and it's cross platform so it will work on both window and Linux. As far as installing to your Machine. Pick a distro Like Mint , Ubuntu, Manjaro or others that you can test drive Live from USB stick so you can see how it works with your hardware before installing. Then follow the install guide that most major distro offer to do the actual installation. For instance Mint has a nice install guide here. And most of all enjoy the process!

Last edited:

Staff online