Samsung Chrome book 3 with Linux Mint Cinnamon

NORD

Reaction score
Credits
I finally did it! this is too RAD!!!!!
Been trying to do this since 2019 and now finally its done. Did both of these Intel chipped computers with the same live Usb drive I always use.and a few commands from this kid on youtube.

20211202_203838.jpg
20211202_205007.jpg
20211202_203606.jpg

From your first post - I take it you're a (I think) 300ZX fan?

From your first post - I take it you're a (I think) 300ZX fan?
Yes sir! Z31 1986 300ZX Turbo manual the red one.

They're a fairly timeless design and Nissan's racing heritage is pretty solid. I do not have a 300ZX in my stable. I don't recall seeing any in the next auction. My next auction (Kissimmee 2022) will be when I start blowing my last big wad. After that, my collection will be as complete as it's getting, with the exception of grabbing one or two more from auctions or new to hold onto as investments.

Well I reinstalled Linux Mint to my Chromebook and then saved the install to my 256GiB sd card with the ChromeOS Firmware Utility Script .
Then I deleted the emmc {built in sd card} chrome backup files and made the left over 16GiB my time shift back up.
So far so good. It occasionally goes black screen then back to normal still trying to figure that part out. But so far all is great on this Chromebook . By the way this last update was the final update for the support of the Chrome OS on this machine.

Screenshot from 2022-02-17 20-28-54.png
Screenshot from 2022-02-17 20-31-41.png
Screenshot from 2022-02-17 20-34-30.png
Screenshot from 2022-02-17 20-35-46.png
Screenshot from 2022-02-17 20-47-50.png

Well, it's a Chromebook... The black screens may be power related - meaning sending the screen to a sleep state. I'd check the logs after it happened to see what they have to say about it. A lovely GUI tool to do so would be ksystemlog.

Well, it's a Chromebook... The black screens may be power related - meaning sending the screen to a sleep state. I'd check the logs after it happened to see what they have to say about it. A lovely GUI tool to do so would be ksystemlog.

Thanks I'm looking into that now.

Amusingly, I (can see your deleted messages still) signed in today and discovered this saved as the draft response to the thread:

--------

It's way too late in the day for me to go through all that.

Is that the errors logged after the screen blanked?

And, that's a ton of pulseaudio errors - but I can't think of any reason why that'd make a screen go blank. Even if pulseaudio failed completely, the screen shouldn't say on.

But, it's 23:00, just about, and my eyeballs are way too tired for that. Hopefully, someone else will jump in and maybe they'll spot something.

---------

I appear to have been that exhausted!

I'm going to try a different Linux OS and see if it still does it.

Solved! Installed Linux mint XFCE apparently Cinnamon was to heavy for this system.

Youtube is crashing with mint so I will be testing Linux light when it down loads.

It runs about the same.

If you're blindly trying distros, might as well throw Lubuntu into the mix! It's 'closer to the source' and a relatively light distro.

If you're blindly trying distros, might as well throw Lubuntu into the mix! It's 'closer to the source' and a relatively light distro.
its real easy to make a live usb tester lol!

I am pretty biased. I am on the Lubuntu team. So, it stands to reason that I'll also suggest folks try it.

Tobey, you kill me, that selfie is worth more than 1,000 words. :)

You should tell David G @KGIII your Nissan background (maybe in Off Topic)

Good work with the Chromebook.

Chris

You should tell David G @KGIII your Nissan background (maybe in Off Topic)

LOL I try to keep car discussion elsewhere, 'cause I can and will gab for hours.

So, yes... Off-topic is best.

I have no idea how you know everybody's name, by the way. I can't even do that in real life.

I have no idea how you know everybody's name, by the way. I can't even do that in real life.

I'm autistic, but I can't remember how many cards have come out of the shoe. ;)

But Tobey and I go back to when he started with us a little over 3 years ago, and got on well from the beginning.

Wiz

Members online

Latest posts