Scaling Mode, DXVK, Wine, Lutris Questions

Freez

Reaction score
Credits
G'day @Freez and welcome to linux.org :)

Our site name may confuse, we are not directly associated with Linux, and we don't have a database from which we can pluck the information you ask.

So simple answer is we would not have a clue. :confused:

Your best bet is to arm yourself with a USB stick or two, download a Linux .iso of the one/s you want to try and burn them one at a time to the stick/s.

Then you boot the computer and enter your Setup and change the boot order to boot the USB first, and enter the Live environment. From there you can see how your Monitor, graphics, wifi, &c, go.

Ask any questions, and take a look at our new Gaming section here, for ideas - https://www.linux.org/forums/linux-gaming.202/

Cheers

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

Okay, thanks for the help!
Another question, do you know what scaling mode is? If yes, can you change scaling modes in linux specifically for games like CS:GO to have a stretched image or an image with black bars?

Example:
2129548493596A994809A73F27E47B0CF77AD568

And also, if you use Lutris, do you know If I have to reinstall some games that I already have on my HDD for them to be used by lutris to apply DXVK and wine?

And also, if you use Lutris, do you know If I have to reinstall some games that I already have on my HDD for them to be used by lutris to apply DXVK and wine?
No. Just use the plus icon on top left corner and select "import games". Thus you don't have to reinstall anything.

Members online

Latest posts