Scanners as in pieces of paper

cairpre409

Reaction score
Credits
Hello. My first question is a two part one. Thanks for any information.
1. Has there been any improvement in multifunction networked printer scanner support? Of course I can print. Its the scanner side that is the problem, Neither simple scan nor XSANE seem to find the multifunction fax/scanner on the network. Yes its a canon. Which I know blows with linux. I am on Debian by the way. I am pretty certain there has been little improvement in getting this to work. But I figure it is worth a shot. Thanks. I suppose the real answer is alway check compatibility lists

2. My second question is less serious. Exactly how might I have searched for this information on the net? Mostly I got information about how to scan a network or network scanners. I guess in a perfect world everything would have a unique name or word. Cheers

I'd search with "model name and number +linux +drivers".

To get a Canon Scanner to work you have to use the terminal
Code:
 scangearmp2
I have a Canon TS3120 the scanner works just fine as long as you have the required drivers installed - there should be 2 of them cnijfilter (printer) and scangearmp2 (scanner)
You can also use a menu editor to add it to your Menu Options here is screenshot where I added mine under the graphics tab
Screenshot_2021-02-03_21-05-22.png

I will try those drivers. Although this is a multi-function device canon imageclass mf229dw. Which I have heard is more difficult. But it is worth trying. Thank you.

Members online

Latest posts