Screen blinks after sleep

whitewolf9366

Reaction score
Credits
The screen of my Lenovo Ideapad Gaming 3 (AMD Ryzen 5 4600H (NVIDIA GTX 1650 4GB/120Hz Refresh Display), 82EY00UAIN ) starts blinking once I turn it back on from sleep mode. I have dual boot with Windows 11 and Ubuntu 20.04, I face this problem only while I am using Ubuntu. Restarting the laptop will stop the blinking.This issue started less than a month ago. I tried installing the NVIDIA driver using the command sudo ubuntu-drivers autoinstall, still the issue persist.

Now , even after restarting the screen keeps on blinking.

Could anyone suggest any fix for this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Are you using the nvidia-driver ?

Check what driver is installed. Maybe you are using nouveau.

To do so:

Click in the dash > search for ”additional drivers”

There you will find what driver you are using and you can change it to the recomended.

I am using NVIDIA driver 510.47.03. This is the latest driver. I also tried some other NVIDIA driver versions, but no luck.

Last edited:
I have a PC with a dual monitor and a Nvidia card, after installing a new Linux OS one of the monitors blink like crazy. The solution is to install the nvidia drivers.

Sorry, the only thing I can think that may be your problem are the drivers.

Can you try other OS in a live mode to see if the problem apear there?

I have a PC with a dual monitor and a Nvidia card, after installing a new Linux OS one of the monitors blink like crazy. The solution is to install the nvidia drivers.

Sorry, the only thing I can think that may be your problem are the drivers.

Can you try other OS in a live mode to see if the problem apear there?
In windows it is working fine. Also few days ago, the screen was continuously blinking even after restarting, I tried changed the graphic card mode from one demand mode to performance mode. It helped to resolve that issue. Still there is blinking once I turn on the laptop back from sleep.

What I think is that in some point the installation of the drivers or the installation of the OS were currupted. Thats because Windows work fine.

If you run other OS (even in live mode) and install the drivers there are 2 posibilíties:

1.- It does not blink. It means that the drivers or the OS were not properly installed (they were currupted).

2.- It does blink. It may be because a incompatibility (less likely).

If you like, try Linux Mint, MXLinux and/or the same Ubuntu in live mode and install the drivers. I think that you will find something different.

Edit:

Install the drivers from “additional drivers” or via terminal

sudo apt install nvidia-driver (in Ubuntu or Linux Mint)

Last edited:

Members online