Screen Glitch after taking screenshot.

RobinHook

Reaction score
Credits
Hey guys.
So I have this issue whenever I want to take a screen shot, my screen glitches after. Right up until I close a program I did the screen shot on innitialy.

I'm using Acer Aspire 3 if that helps. Debian 10.

DSC_0138.JPG

What program are you using to take the screen-shot?
When did this problem start? Was it working before and broke after an update, or after you installed something new? or was it always broken?

What program are you using to take the screen-shot?
When did this problem start? Was it working before and broke after an update, or after you installed something new? or was it always broken?
I believe it's the default gnome thing.. My guess it was always like this, although I noticed it quite a while after the new debian instalation.

What happens if you use: scrot
from the command line?

Probably a bug in gnome-screenshot. After a bit of a search - there were plenty of bugs that mentioned graphical glitches after taking a screenshot.

Glad updating to Debian 11 fixed it!

Personally, I use scrot (fast and lightweight, terminal based screenshot software) in a short script I wrote.

And then in my WM (dwm - a tiling WM) - I’ve bound a keybind to run the script and take a screenshot. I’ve used scrot for years.

I find gnome screenshot extremely annoying. Especially its pointless flash and shutter noise. Completely unnecessary!

While not really all that relevant, but seeing as others suggested other methods, I'm a dyed in the wool Shutter fan. It does exactly what I need it to do.

Members online