screen got blurry during installation of kali linux

I am moving this to Kali Linux - you will have to tell a lot more, Rajnish, if you want to get some help from someone :)

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

When I plugged in my USB drive and start my PC..the I press Boot key...the first interface was clear for me...but when I hit enter to "Graphical Install "..the whole screen got blurry..

Please help me

You could start by trying to boot with an extra boot parameter. When you have the menu in front of you where you see "Graphical Install" press tab. Than at the end of the line type nomodeset and then press enter again, then the system should boot into the installer. If that doesn't help it would be useful to know what graphics card you have in your system.

Another option would be to try the "Installer" option and then use the TUI installer, after finishing installing you could then update and reboot your system to see if you still have the same problem. If so you would then be able to install the correct video drivers from the repositories.

Last edited:
I know it's too late to reply, but I had the same problem today. I was able to resolve it by changing the BIOS option from UEFI Native (without CSM) to UEFI Hybrid (with CSM).

The device is an HP elitebook 2570p.

Hope if it helps someone!

This is an ongoing problem with this particular CPU, see this post..https://www.linux.org/threads/ryzen-3400g-does-not-work-compatible-with-linux.30046/

@aninixs you would be better advised to start your own Thread, or people will be likely to get confused.

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

Members online