Search Engine Preferences

I mostly use Bing's personalized search. It consistently gives me better results than any of the others and I'm willing to swap my privacy for the service.

I mostly use Bing's personalized search. It consistently gives me better results than any of the others and I'm willing to swap my privacy for the service.
And you get rewards, which is why I use Bing.

Just interested: how many?

41k, thereabouts in the largest account. I have a couple of accounts so they're spread across them. It stems from being logged into different accounts for different reasons, across different browsers.

41k, thereabouts in the largest account. I have a couple of accounts so they're spread across them. It stems from being logged into different accounts for different reasons, across different browsers.
Hmm... Enough for a $50 Microsoft gift card. You're ahead of me!

Hmm... Enough for a $50 Microsoft gift card. You're ahead of me!

I wonder if I can transfer the points from one account to the other account? If I did that, I'd have somewhere near 65k points.

One account is so old that it's a Hotmail account. Inside that account, I have emails dating back to 2001 or 2002. The oldest account has the least points, oddly enough.

99% of the time I use DuckDuckGo and for the 1% when I am not satisfied with my results I use Google.

Aside from a glitch I once encountered while using Qwant, I've never had a problem with it. I'd also recommend using Searx and Startpage (just don't use the latter on the Tor Browser because of compatibility issues, as I found that out the hard way).

Update: Be aware that although Qwant claims to stand behind user privacy, it's still proprietary software and has used Bing since it's inception to aggregate results. Also, Startpage is now owned by advertising company and has been subject to controversy because of that.

Last edited by a moderator:
ddg or searx.info

Or you can setup your own search engine.

tried most of the commercial ones over the years settled on Duckduckgo , i got fed up with wading through pages of crap sponsored results that had nothing to do with what I was looking for..
EG last year i was looking for a canvas repairer in my local area, duck gave me the answer within 4 entries, a friend searching the same on google got to page 8 and still nothing local,

As for me, this is not the most reliable disk for storing data, because it is little known. I advise you to use other drives to store your data, it will be more reliable and safer. According to statistics, those disks that have more advertising have more reliable protection, I read an article about this

Here I use DDG 90% of the time. Startpage and Google the other 10%.

Searx
And sometimes startpage, whoogle, brave search.
Stopped using DDG after their secret agreement with microsoft

Members online