Server Logs

TCRatius

Reaction score
Credits
Hi Everyone,

This is going to sound really strange, but I'm having trouble finding raw data and something in my brain from reading went "Server Logs" cause I image they are full of interesting things??? Anyway, I need about 5 or more variables, 1000+ observations and some sort of unique id that connects them all. So if you think this is a good idea and have the data to share with me, than please reply. Looking to make pretty graphs and wrangle your data.

Happy Linuxing!

Ps Still using Linux Mint and loving the freshness everyday.
PPS Confidentiality - will only be seen by me and am bound by student confidentiality rules governed by my University "James Cook". Sounds official right.

Little Mouse ... are you a Queenslander, or have you told me that & I have forgotten ? I just got through yesterday selling our old house and I wouldn't know if I was Arthur or Martha :confused:o_O:eek:

I can scout around and see if I find anything useful, but Jas (@JasKinasis ) or our Administrator @Rob might be good value, and @nuna knows heaps of things about heaps of things.

Cheers while my brain goes into radioactive decay and I sleep for 3 days.

Wiz

Yep Queeeenlander! Go the Maroons. Lol, I detest moving house with a passion, get some rest mate. Where are you moving?

I know this is very left of centre, but I've always want to be owner whatever of a cloud service with a twist. Just thought of that as you run multiple computer as repos if I remember correctly?

...and @nuna knows heaps of things about heaps of things.

Wizard's crystal ball pays off again :cool:, thanks nuna. There's one in there called "Thumper Manifest", sounds interesting?

Just thought of that as you run multiple computer as repos if I remember correctly?

40 on an Acer AIO, and 25 - 30 on the Toshiba Satellite.

avagudweegend, all

Wizard

Sorry @TCRatius - I don't think I have any logs that are worth looking at.
I don't run any servers and I don't think there's anything remotely interesting in the logs on my personal laptop.
I sometimes generate a lot of small log files when debugging errant programs. I also write scripts to parse, analyse and/or plot data in logs when necessary too. But I always delete the logs and scripts when I'm finished.... :/

No worries, this is where having a job helps lol, I'd work but there is so much to learn :)

Members online

Latest posts