Sets of Wheels

What's your favorite car?
65American440HT.png
Mine was red!

My wife hates the fact that, i love motorbikes and she tells me that it is risky but
I tend to agree with your missus they can be risky but what I found that you have to look three or four cars ahead as well as think for the four wheeling lot and react to things before they even think about reacting to the situation. Saved my rear end and me 'cycle many a time.

Sorry -- 1965 Rambler American 440 Hardtop (emphasis on American -- :cool:! )
Actually, I had several, but this (in red) was my favorite.
Another was a 1967 Barracuda. Had lotsa old cars.

Very good, poorguy! those are the only two years it could be -- see, your memory isn't shot, yet! LOL

Of course, this was is slightly cusomized over stock, with a V8. Mods were easy to do, then.

Wow! My cars have always been a lot more underwhelming and pedestrian compared to you lot! I’ve never been able to afford anything decent, so I mostly buy second hand bangers that I run into the ground.

I only ever needed something big enough to get myself to/from work every day and just big enough to get my drum kit into.
So, small and economical has always been the order of the day for me. As long as it at least has a decent sound system, I’m happy!

It always made sense for my (now ex) wife to have a bigger family vehicle, because she did most of the school runs and shopping etc.
So I’d drive my tiny car to work during the week. And on weekends, I’d drive the family around in her car!

I’m currently driving a 2005 Peugeot 206 sport.

Petrol here in the UK is really expensive.
Before the covid lockdown, it was up to £1.30 per litre in some places. Which would equate to £5.90 per gallon. At the current exchange rate, that’s $7.30(US) per gallon.....or $11.90 (Australian). And diesel was even more expensive!

Since the lockdown it’s come down to around £1 per litre, the lowest it’s been for at least 10-15 years. But that’s still £4.54 per gallon - $5.61(US), or $8.61(Australian)...

Wow! My cars have always been a lot more underwhelming and pedestrian compared to you lot! I’ve never been able to afford anything decent, so I mostly buy second hand bangers that I run into the ground.

I only ever needed something big enough to get myself to/from work every day and just big enough to get my drum kit into.
So, small and economical has always been the order of the day for me. As long as it at least has a decent sound system, I’m happy!

It always made sense for my (now ex) wife to have a bigger family vehicle, because she did most of the school runs and shopping etc.
So I’d drive my tiny car to work during the week. And on weekends, I’d drive the family around in her car!

I’m currently driving a 2005 Peugeot 206 sport.

Petrol here in the UK is really expensive.
Before the covid lockdown, it was up to £1.30 per litre in some places. Which would equate to £5.90 per gallon. At the current exchange rate, that’s $7.30(US) per gallon.....or $11.90 (Australian). And diesel was even more expensive!

Since the lockdown it’s come down to around £1 per litre, the lowest it’s been for at least 10-15 years. But that’s still £4.54 per gallon - $5.61(US), or $8.61(Australian)...
Wow! The price of petrol is really high there.
I hope for you that changes sooner than later-

Is this your car?

2006-56296-peugeot-206-sport-accessories-uk1.jpg

Anyone have a Tesla?

I saw one in a parking lot a few months ago. It was a real beauty I tell ya.

I'm not sure if the Bugatti Veyron is still the king of fast or not but it sure is sweet to the eyes.
I haven't kept up with the show Top Gear with Jeremy Clarkson.

bugatti-sales-data.jpg

Price per gallon here is $1.65.
I'd be homebound or riding a bicycle, at that UK price!
I'm enjoynig this thread!

I haven't kept up with the show Top Gear with Jeremy Clarkson.

On the Veyron, I always enjoy his offsider, James May, heres James a few years ago (I saw this around 2012 or so)

Wiz

Avagudweegend

Great
On the Veyron, I always enjoy his offsider, James May, heres James a few years ago (I saw this around 2012 or so)

Wiz

Avagudweegend
Great video Wizard, thanks for posting it.:)

According to Google the Bugatti Veyron Super Sport goes from 0 to 60 in 2.4 seconds.
That's incredibly amazing!

Dream cars are nice, and just that -- dreams. Not real.
What has a person actually owned and driven and is his/her favorite? This, to me, is the question.

Dream cars are nice, and just that -- dreams. Not real.
What has a person actually owned and driven and is his/her favorite? This, to me, is the question.
I think my 1946 Dodge pickup was my favorite (no, I did not buy it 'new' LOL).
It was not all 'pimped' - was just the way it came from the factory - but fascinating nonetheless.

Members online