Share your browser add-ons

f33dm3bits

Gold Member
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Credits
I thought it would be a fun idea to create a topic for sharing browser add-ons that way we can discover some new ones that might be of use to you, here are the ones I use.
2021-04-14_16_34_54.jpg

Last edited:

I thought it would be a fun idea to create a topic for sharing browser add-ons that way we can discover some new ones that might be of use to you, here are the ones I use.
Wow! And I thought I had too many lol I use only 5; Ublock origin, Vimium, I don't care about cookies, context menu search and language tool, in Chromium. In Firefox, I use the same ones except for I don't care about cookies cause it's not available, but I do use Joplin web clipper add-on. I see you use a few privacy add-ons, maybe this interests you https://forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=22067

Anyone not using Ublock Origin should be banned. ;)

Bitwarden, Ublock Origin, Emsisoft & Downloads Notification. The latter just removes the annoying download bar thing from chrome and moves it to notifications.

EDIT - just noticed that one of your plugins is named 'firefox.....' but I'll leave the below in case it interests anyone.

For "Dark Reader" you can go to chrome://flags and enable 'force dark mode for web contents'

It isn't perfect on all sites, but I think it's preferable to running another plugin.

EDIT - just noticed that one of your plugins is named 'firefox.....
Is an official Mozilla Firefox add-on which allows you to containerize your web browsing. I only use Chromium als alternative browser for when I need to test a website in a secondary browser or something like that but I prefer Firefox.

It depends on the tasks I do in the browser. I use different browsers for different tasks. I have four browsers open at this moment in time.

I have an ad blocking utility, an extension that makes it a dark mode, an extension that lets me see what a site is running, and often an extension for my VPN. I also use one that lets me apply styles or scripts. I generally have a translator in browsers where I frequent forums or the likes.

Is an official Mozilla Firefox add-on which allows you to containerize your web browsing. I only use Chromium als alternative browser for when I need to test a website in a secondary browser or something like that but I prefer Firefox.

I suppose that basically makes it like Chromium in respect of the sandboxing. Not that I know much about all that. I prefer Chrome, although it's mainly because I used slimjet for years on Windows.

Emsisoft & Downloads Notification.
Fun Fact: I thought this was one add-on called "Emsisoft & Downloads Notification", turns out it's two of them lol Emisoft which is a security add-on and a download notifier, which I used to use too, the notifier I mean, the other one never heard/read of it before, seems like be part of an antivirus or something?

Bitwarden
ClearURLs
Cookie Autodelete
Copy Plaintest
CSS Exfil Protection
Dark Reader
Facebook Container
HTTPS Everywhere
I don't care about cookies
LocalCDN
Mega
NoScript
Privacy Redirect
Privacy Settings
Smart Referer
Ublock Origin
SpnsorBlock for YouTube

For Firefox, none. I use FF for sensitive tasks (banks, Paypal) that I don't want the add-ons to spy on me. https://www.howtogeek.com/180175/warning-your-browser-extensions-are-spying-on-you/
For other browsers, some of my add-ons are mentioned above. But, I add CRX Extractor Downloader, Random User Agent and ScriptSafe.
I always check for a Github page to make sure that the add-ons are open-source. Otherwise, I don't install. I believe the security comes from the users.

Last edited:
What is the deference between Ublock Origin and adblock plus?

What is the deference between Ublock Origin and adblock plus?
I believe one blocks more than the other however exactly which one is better I can't say because both work well.

Thank you.

Fun Fact: I thought this was one add-on called "Emsisoft & Downloads Notification", turns out it's two of them lol Emisoft which is a security add-on and a download notifier, which I used to use too, the notifier I mean, the other one never heard/read of it before, seems like be part of an antivirus or something?

Haha! Yeah pretty much just blocks some bad sites. I only installed it very recently after seeing someone here was using it (and looking it up). I am still weaning myself off Avast.

View attachment 9047

I’ll definitely be adding some of these and many included in these posts to my FireFox installation! Thanks @f33dm3bits !

Well, that was an innovative spam attempt. They quoted f33dm3 and added their spam link to the quote.

Selection_169.png

cunning little crapper !! ^^^^

Members online