Sharp OS anyone?

P

penguino

Has anyone experienced with Sharp OS? It seems exactly what I need and based on Ubuntu so has support. But is it really gonna be stable and fast as it shown?

Her's what I watched on Youtube:

Thank you.

Now that's ironic.

Wikipedia says "SharpOS was an open source .NET-C# based operating system." They used Microsoft's own java-competing invention, C#, to create an OS that could have potentially competitively reduced the market share of Microsoft's cash cow, Windows.

Here's to ya, SharpOS!

Wait a minute. This is not the same SharpOS. The SharpOS you found is Ubuntu-based (a lot like SuperOS which may be who they are emulating). The SharpOS on Wikipedia is a Unix system, but not a Linux system. Plus, how can SharpOS be written in C# and still be Ubuntu-based?

Well, I happened to try this OS recently and I consider it as one of the best I've checked out so far. And I must say, it felt pretty good for my purposes. I usually work on Ubuntu which is too heavy for my netbook so I'm looking for something lighter. Now SharpOS has all I need like Ubuntu, but way faster and also looks better than other Linux distributions imo.

Thank's guys for the information,
sounds good it's great to hear a positive experience Sagi.

I wonder if there is any relation to the old project although it seems new from a company called grasshopperos.com

Haven't tried it yet,
does anybody knows if it would work on a virtual machine since it's 64-bit?

Ok just took a step and installed it, I'm really pleased works so much faster than I expected.

Sharp OS, huh.....? :) I may have to give a shot, and do a Full Install to an SD Card someday.... :) Good luck guys!!........ Open Source forever!!!..... :D

Staff online

Members online