SHellShock

B

blackneos940

SO..... Long story short.... To the best of my knowledge, and after running some commands from SHellShock's site, I seem to be ok in regards to this Bug..... But... This Bartender, who works at an Italian Restaurant, (who I helped replace XP with Linux on his Inspiron), might still be vulnerable..... What do I do.....? I might just go to town, give him a piece of paper with the instructions to patch it, and..... But what about all the OTHER people who are unaware of this.....? Is it something that will be released as a regular Update, say, alongside other things like Firefox, Chromium, Rhythmbox, GIMP, etc......? :(

As far as I understand it, all of the major distros have already released updates containing the patches that were added for the Shellshock bug. The updates can be obtained by using your chosen distros package management system.
So for example on a Debian/Ubuntu based system, you could get all of the relevant updates for your system with the following command:
Code:
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

That will upgrade the package lists and download and install ALL pending updates for your system (for all installed software)!

As long as your bartender friend updates regularly, he should be perfectly safe from the bug!

As far as I understand it, all of the major distros have already released updates containing the patches that were added for the Shellshock bug. The updates can be obtained by using your chosen distros package management system.
So for example on a Debian/Ubuntu based system, you could get all of the relevant updates for your system with the following command:
Code:
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

That will upgrade the package lists and download and install ALL pending updates for your system (for all installed software)!

As long as your bartender friend updates regularly, he should be perfectly safe from the bug!
Phew..... :D That's a good thing........ :'D I was worried for a second..... :) Incidentally, how about TAILS.....? I'm on it now, and it amazingly has support for Wi-Fi on an Inspiron 1420..... :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts