Should I do dual boot?

I just made a thread about this, but glad I stumbled upon this. I have read before that it's best to dual boot instead of using a virtual box so that's what's making me want to 100% go with dual boot if I decide in going with Linux. Although I'm on my Windows 7 PC, I wonder if you can dual boot on a Windows XP PC also.

Yes, you can. You can dual boot with Windows XP. You can also dual boot with Windows 8. I have a laptop where I can quad boot. My choices are Puppy Linux, Lubuntu, Windows 7 and Windows 8.

I just made a thread about this, but glad I stumbled upon this. I have read before that it's best to dual boot instead of using a virtual box so that's what's making me want to 100% go with dual boot if I decide in going with Linux. Although I'm on my Windows 7 PC, I wonder if you can dual boot on a Windows XP PC also.

Yes you can. Just within windows put in your linux live cd and select "install along side windows". Then LInux basically becomes your boot loader, so it doesn't matter what windows install you have. You need to make sure your windows isn't filling your drive, as when you install linux side by side, you need to partition the drive (don't worry it takes you through it all on the install cd)

I used to dual boot Windows 7 and Ubuntu on the same labtop. I loved it having the best of both worlds on the same computer. But at times I did notice myself using Ubuntu more than Windows. I recommend a dual boot if you really are computer savvy and aren't just a everyday novice at computers.

Actually it depends on your preferences, I would suggest installing Ubuntu on your laptop since it is one of the widely or if not, user friendly linux distributions. Having a system running dual boot is an advantage for you, since you will not just use one OS which is Windows 7 but also you can navigate and use what linux is all about. I have tried using Ubuntu and it feels great with its new Unity desktops.

Just Make USB Boot Ubuntu 10.11 not 10.10 .....so when ever u want go for Ubuntu just boot & click on demo if you link Ubuntu install along with your default O/S but it's risky try separate partion & install on that part of Ubuntu Best of Luck (Remember: USB Boot > CD/DVD)

I just noticed almost everyone who said you should dual boot said to use Ubuntu why not a different distro for our friend like Slackware? I favor Slackware above all other distros.

You should go for dual boot as it is good option for running Dual Operating System. For that you just have make two partitions for different Operating System. Running Dual Boot does not affect the performance of your laptop, but if u use some software for Dual Boot then your laptop's performance might get affected.

Members online