Simple video editor required.

Wixen

Reaction score
Credits
I'm trying to get hubby to use the linux lite laptop, but he doesn't seem very keen. He takes lots of mountain bike/motorcycling videos but finds it difficult to edit them in win10, especially now that windows movie maker has gone. I downloaded shotcut for him, but he doesn't like the program.
Is there a linux equivalent of the old movie maker? Or something easy to use? I really want him to start using linux. I suggested he download some photos because it has a nice simple photo manager (that doesn't use face recognition like win10), but no, can't get him to use it.
*sigh*

there are quite a few alternatives , take a look at Openshot
Bwiz

Here's a list from last year that should give you a decent overview of what's available for Linux. Check the descriptions and the Pros and Cons.

You could just keep hubby happy with an old computer running Windows Movie Maker. But I would keep that computer off of the home network and internet. ;)

But I would keep that computer off of the home network and internet.
I have a 21 yr old acer lappy [batter knackerd] after mint 13 I could not [and still cant get] any linux ro run properly, so I put XP back on it and loaded all my old windows games, for granddaughter to play on when she comes over... as they say waste not want not and as there is no on board wi-fi no worries

There are these video editors that come to mind
Avidemux Video Editor
Openshot Video Editor
Handbrake
VidCutter

You can also run Windows Movie Maker 2.1 and 2.6 under Wine

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online