skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libusb-1.0.so when searching for -lusb-1.0

C

Caio Gubel

Hello all

I am trying to create a version of the libusb to be used in a cross-compiled system. I could cross-compile the files but upon linking I got an error:

/bin/sh ../libtool --tag=CC --mode=link mipsel-linux-uclibc-gcc -fvisibility=hidden -std=gnu99 -fgnu89-inline -Wall -Wundef -Wunused -Wstrict-prototypes -Werror-implicit-function-declaration -Wno-pointer-sign -Wshadow -I/usr/include/libusb-1.0 -I/usr/include -version-info 8:4:4 -release 0.1 -L/usr/lib -o libusb.la -rpath /usr/local/lib libusb_la-core.lo -lusb-1.0
libtool: link: mipsel-linux-uclibc-gcc -shared -fPIC -DPIC .libs/libusb_la-core.o -L/usr/lib -lusb-1.0 -Wl,-soname -Wl,libusb-0.1.so.4 -o .libs/libusb-0.1.so.4.4.4
/opt/toolchains/stbgcc-4.5.3-2.4/bin/../lib/gcc/mipsel-linux-uclibc/4.5.3/../../../../mipsel-linux-uclibc/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libusb-1.0.so when searching for -lusb-1.0
/opt/toolchains/stbgcc-4.5.3-2.4/bin/../lib/gcc/mipsel-linux-uclibc/4.5.3/../../../../mipsel-linux-uclibc/bin/ld: cannot find -lusb-1.0
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

As you can see the system is telling me that the libus-1.0.so is incompatible and that he could not find any other one. I can understand that the current version is incompatible given that I am cross compiling the code for a different platform (mipsel-linux) but I could not find so far any reference on how to find or create a compatible libusb-10.so.

Any help would be welcome!

Thanks

Caio

Members online

Latest posts