Skynet is here???

Mike13Foxtrot

Reaction score
Credits
So you use any flavor of Linux. You like your privacy. You do not like big tech spying on you. Well that horse may have gotten out of the barn.

Is this just a little paranoia? Is it being overly dramatic? Or is this scary times.

Most think of George Orwell's 1984 as a movie not a premonition. Asking people who have seen it they seem to not get the details. The bombings are not the "enemy" it is the gov. In the movie no one asks if "our boys" are fighting, where are the boys coming from?

I am not on social media platforms. First off I am opinionated. Sooooo Twittle is out for me, I would not last a day before being kicked off. Same with Facecrook. I carry a smart phone from work. Mine at home is a dumb little flip phone. I turn off all tracking things on the work phone.

When BT and the gov get together we are the losers.

Mine at home is a dumb little flip phone.
Even the dumb little flip phones can be tracked, just not as accurately as smartphones... maybe.

The video below is mostly about smartphones, but gives a better overview and background that leads us to the Sidewalk/Skynet problems today. These problems are not going away.

So you use any flavor of Linux. You like your privacy.
There are better privacy choices than just "any" Linux.... Tails, Qubes, OpenBSD. People sacrifice their privacy/security every day for the sake of convenience. They take the easy way, which explains why so many use Microsoft, Amazon, Google and Apple. Easy. Convenient.

But still, nothing is perfect, not even among the harder choices. Security is a process... not a tool, or an app, or an operating system.

Yeah I was just being general.
Well, your video about Amazon Sidewalk is pretty specific, and immediate. I tell those who will listen to disable it, but of course, most don't listen. Thanks for sharing it. :cool:

Skynet's been around for some time now, people just don't know it, even though they carry it in their pockets everywhere. :)

There's a meme on Reddit about an anti-vax person not wanting to get the vaccine because he didn't want to be tracked.

If you look at the post, you can see it was made by someone using Twitter for Android.

Alphabet has bought up robot companies. AI learns to use networking it can reach to do it's task. Imbedding itself. Ohh the new fridge is connected. Kohler is shipping smart toilets connected to Alexa. We are just building our own assassins. The matrix may be closer than it appears. The "smarter" the phones the dumber the people.

I am acutely aware of my surroundings. Yet people are glued to that little screen walking down the street. I don't like MS messing with things I didn't ask for. Changing settings all the time. I update Linux and it stays the way I set things. I didn't want the next update for W yet it does anyway.

Staff online

Members online