Snap Application Stuck in Menu

AndrewK85

Reaction score
Credits
I've recently installed the Freeplane Snap application from the Ubuntu software app, wasn't happy with it, and uninstalled it (using Ubuntu Software app). The issue is that the application is still showing up in my applications menu with a blank icon and I am unable to remove it. How do I get rid of it? I've tried reinstalling and removing the application using the Snap remove command but the empty icon is still there!

1) Have you rebooted?
2) Have you checked if it is still there?
Code:
snap list
3) Have you tried removing it with the Terminal?
Code:
sudo snap remove freeplane-mindmapping

Thankyou for the speedy response.

1) Yes I have rebooted.
2) Yes I have, the application does not show up for that command.
3) Yes I have, I've tried both that and the Ubuntu Software Store to remove it, both return the same results - an iconless icon in the Application launcher.

I have menu editor installed which hides the icon successfully, but was wondering if it could be removed altogether? Looking into it, App Editor does the same thing. It's a bit of a pain that it just gets left there :confused:

A bit beyond me then. Maybe @wizardfromoz can help. Oz is in a different timezone so he won't appear (in a puff of smoke!) for at least 3 or 4 hours...

What version of Ubuntu are you running, and what DE (Desktop Environment)?

(Wizard appears in a puff of smoke, huffing and puffing - been a busy day fighting recalcitrant UUIDs in /etc/fstab - curses, not as fit as I was 1,000 years ago :))

G'day @AndrewK85 and welcome to linux.org :D

Gotta fly for the evening here in Oz, in a few minutes.

If you are not sure what you are on (& I don't do patronising) at Terminal

Code:
inxi -Fxz

will reveal, top couple of lines, and handy for you to keep the output as a text file.

See you Ron (lateR ON)

Cheers

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

Members online