snmp server not receives data

zapeador

Reaction score
Credits
Hello, I have a problem when using the snmp and the server receives data,
The service is running correctly and the port is listening

I do a snmpwalk -v 2c -c mycommunity 192.168.1.82 (which is the same) and it answers me and a snmpwalk -v 2c -c mycommunity localhost and also, that is, the service is working but it does not respond from any machine other than her same
a sudo netstat -tulpn | grep snmp
sudo netstat -tulpn | grep snmp
udp 0 0 0.0.0.0:161 0.0.0.0:* 15014/snmpd

something similar happened to someone?

maybe error on server or something like that. I have plan to cnange ssl and hosting to https://www.namecheap.com/hosting/vps/ because its more trustful and cheap service that my old one. A VPS server can be created much faster than a dedicated server, which has to be assembled and then installed.

Last edited:
the bad spam

Nah, that's not really spam. They're just telling us what they chose to use - and that's acceptable behavior.

Now, if it was a NameCheap employee (and trust me, it's almost certainly not) over here trying to drum up hosting customers or domain name customers, that'd be another story. That would be spam. If it were an 'affiliate' URL then I'd nix it as spam.

NameCheap is a solid company with great hosting for the price - though hosting is a secondary business for them. I don't use them, but I know people who do.

I do use NameCheap as my favorite domain name registrar. They're not always the cheapest, and that's fine by me.

Nah, that's not really spam. They're just telling us what they chose to use - and that's acceptable behavior.

Now, if it was a NameCheap employee (and trust me, it's almost certainly not) over here trying to drum up hosting customers or domain name customers, that'd be another story. That would be spam. If it were an 'affiliate' URL then I'd nix it as spam.

NameCheap is a solid company with great hosting for the price - though hosting is a secondary business for them. I don't use them, but I know people who do.

I do use NameCheap as my favorite domain name registrar. They're not always the cheapest, and that's fine by me.

It seemed so to me because I dedicate 8 words as "solution" of my supposed problem and 3 lines to talk about NameCheap.

It is true that for me it is also one of the best recorders, and I have used it a lot for that, I did not notice that I had not referred

It's all good. I'd have pulled out the banhammer if it has been an affiliate link.

So when you are doing your walk you get a response to a particular OID? Or is it you are saying the service is up and running? To troubleshoot I would like to know what the target and source are, the MIB you are using and any response. When you get nothing is it a response or a timeout?

Last edited:
I would check firewall ports.

So when you are doing your walk you get a response to a particular OID? Or is it you are saying the service is up and running? To troubleshoot I would like to know what the target and source are, the MIB you are using and any response. When you get nothing is it a response or a timeout?

finally it was an iptables issue that in its last line of input had a REJECT all the only thing I had to do was insert the rule above the REJECT with a:

iptables -I INPUT 23 -p udp --dport 161 -j ACCEPT

I put it here in case someone cares

Latest posts