Socio-cultural and philosophical topic The difference between gratitude and humiliation

Tarq

Reaction score
Credits
When I encountered the West, I noticed that I had to thank everyone who helped me
In the Middle East, and in my country, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, we provide help for free, and we do not wait for thanks, because we see help for free and without charge
We may help someone who deserves and not help someone who does not deserve this cultural difference Thank you

"When in Rome, do as the Romans do."

It's okay to ask for help. When doing so, be grateful for it and ask politely.

We might help someone who is rude, believe it or not
Only if he's in big trouble and sometimes he's in little trouble
Do you know why
Someone will reward us in another life
Do a favor you will find
Not necessarily now

We know the Romans, and we know their culture and morals
You are a true Italian

I've been in your area and it's very different. I've bartered for a cab, for example. I've stomped all through the middle east, including going all the way down to Yemen. I've driven a rented exotic in the UAE (and it was awesome).

Here, we expect politeness and gratitude. That's not too much to ask.

Here, you will be grateful and polite while asking. You will not tell someone to help you.

Well, you can, but someone like myself will jump all over that and point out how it's just crappy behavior.

I think you should move this thread to off topic section

I thought it was but must have been mistaken. LOL Thanks! I had thought it was in the O-T section. It will be now!

David @KGIII, I think you should move this thread to off topic section. It doesn't make sense for this thread to be in General Linux section.
Yes correct
A fleeting event that I wanted to shine a light on
I am done

I've been in your area and it's very different. I've bartered for a cab, for example. I've stomped all through the middle east, including going all the way down to Yemen. I've driven a rented exotic in the UAE (and it was awesome).

Here, you will be grateful and polite while asking. You will not tell someone to help you.

Well, you can, but someone like myself will jump all over that and point out how it's just crappy behavior.

I thought it was but must have been mistaken. LOL Thanks! I had thought it was in the O-T section. It will be now!

Is there anything bothering you in the Middle East?
I feel so
Well what's so annoying about car swaps?

Is there anything bothering you in the Middle East?

I can't answer that without talking about politics. Politics is STRICTLY off-topic here. We will have no political discussions. (And that makes this site better for it.)

Well what's so annoying about car swaps?

Oh, man... There was nothing annoying about it.

It was AWESOME!!!!

I rented a 488 for a week - for less than $2000 USD for the whole week! I was in the UAE and had an absolute blast!

I'm a car buff. I don't want to give away too much personal info, but I've got a great collection of automobiles. The roads in the UAE were amazing. I also spent two days renting a 'ute' (copied from Aussie slang) out in the desert going from dune to dune to dune. It was a guided tour, so we camped two nights and then headed back into the city. My rented 'ute' was an AMG G5 varient whose number escapes me at the moment.

See? We're not so different. Just be polite and don't demand they help you. That's not too much to ask for.

I can't answer that without talking about politics. Politics is STRICTLY off-topic here. We will have no political discussions. (And that makes this site better for it.)

It was AWESOME!!!!

I rented a 488 for a week - for less than $2000 USD for the whole week! I was in the UAE and had an absolute blast!

I'm a car buff. I don't want to give away too much personal info, but I've got a great collection of automobiles. The roads in the UAE were amazing. I also spent two days renting a 'ute' (copied from Aussie slang) out in the desert going from dune to dune to dune. It was a guided tour, so we camped two nights and then headed back into the city. My rented 'ute' was an AMG G5 varient whose number escapes me at the moment.

See? We're not so different. Just be polite and don't demand they help you. That's not too much to ask for.
Okay come to Saudi Arabia, I'll take it and thank you
We disagree about the culture, but let me be honest
He who does not thank people does not thank God
All I mentioned are personal characteristics, not general characteristics

It was AWESOME!!!!

I can be honest with you
All the pleasures of life are available except for alcohol and women. Unfortunately

I can be honest with you
All the pleasures of life are available except for alcohol and women. Unfortunately
Maybe soon wine will become available, but if you like women, I advise you to get married

It was AWESOME!!!!

But try to come soon
I have cancer
We may meet
Before my death or treatment, I am 35 years old

I can be honest with you

In the "Americanized" hotels, alcohol was available and legal. So long as it was on their grounds, that was fine.

In the "Americanized" hotels, alcohol was available and legal. So long as it was on their grounds, that was fine.
No, I am with her available for whoever wants
There is no use in mandatory deterrence
I mentioned this to be notified, but you can drink in certain places and I expect it to be available soon
You may not be interested in alcohol, but I wanted to say it all

It was AWESOME!!!!

Whatever the case, I don't care about politics, it's a lie
You only care about your life
You will realize later that I am all you see as fantasies

Tarek, for sharing with us an insight into your country and culture, I thank you.

I, for one, hope you share some more with us, here in Off Topic.

As long as Members read the rules that apply to this subforum (and they apply to the forum as a whole)

https://linux.org/threads/off-topic-rules-please-read-before-you-first-post.23879/

... this area is a place to relax and speak your mind freely, about many different subject, including medical problems.

Cheers

Wizard

Tarek, for sharing with us an insight into your country and culture, I thank you.

I, for one, hope you share some more with us, here in Off Topic.

As long as Members read the rules that apply to this subforum (and they apply to the forum as a whole)

https://linux.org/threads/off-topic-rules-please-read-before-you-first-post.23879/

... this area is a place to relax and speak your mind freely, about many different subject, including medical problems.

Cheers

Wizard
How do I close a topic when resolved

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts