[Solved] 2 Top Bars in GTK programs

tinfoil-hat

Reaction score
Credits
Hi, anyone knows how to get rid of the 1 redundant top Bar? It looks 1:1 as in the screenshot. the program is Simple-Scan
Bildschirmfoto vom 2023-02-15 00-08-10.png

Any help appreciated!

I’ve never seen this before, so I have no clue.
But a bit of DuckDuckGo-fu yielded this post on stackoverflow:

Which claims that uninstalling the gtk3-nocsd package fixes the issue.

After reading the description of the package HERE, it makes sense:
(Text copied below, for convenience)

Disable Gtk+ 3 client side decorations (CSD)​

gtk3-nocsd LD_PRELOADs a small library to disable the client side decorations (CSD) of Gtk+ 3.
Since Gtk+ 3.10, its developers added a so-called header bar or custom title bar. With this and the client-side decoration, the original title bar and window border provided by the window manager are disabled by Gtk+. This makes all Gtk+ 3 programs look like alike, but have different handling from other windows on non-GNOME desktops. Even worse, this may break some window manager or compositors.
Unfortunately, there is no reliable way of turning off CSDs in Gtk+ directly. This library makes this possible.

What appears to be happening is:
Either your desktop environment, window manager, or compositor cannot handle the nocsd functionality properly. And rather then removing the decorated bar and showing a plain, undecorated bar, it’s showing both bars.

So uninstalling the gtk3-nocsd package definitely seems to be the correct answer to this problem.

I’ve never seen this before, so I have no clue.
But a bit of DuckDuckGo-fu yielded this post on stackoverflow:

Which claims that uninstalling the gtk3-nocsd package fixes the issue.

After reading the description of the package HERE, it makes sense:
(Text copied below, for convenience)

What appears to be happening is:
Either your desktop environment, window manager, or compositor cannot handle the nocsd functionality properly. And rather then removing the decorated bar and showing a plain, undecorated bar, it’s showing both bars.

So uninstalling the gtk3-nocsd package definitely seems to be the correct answer to this problem.
Muchas gracias ;) it did the trick

Staff online

Members online