(SOLVED) games running slower than a powerpoint slide, any ideas?

Remove the package again since it isn't working, I have never tried out MX Linux but I did come across this forum post. There the advice is given to enable the AHS(Advanced Hardware Repo) and install the drivers from there, since AMD drivers are part of the kernel and mesa maybe there is a special kernel there or something else that you could install for graphics. I would look in that repo to see if you can install something from there, if not I would create a topic on the official MX Linux forums. Is your system updated and running the most recent kernel?

Last edited:
Remove the package again since it isn't working, I have never tried out MX Linux but I did come across this forum post. There the advice is given to enable the AHS(Advanced Hardware Repo) and install the drivers from there, since AMD drivers are part of the kernel and mesa maybe there is a special kernel there or something else that you could install for graphics. I would look in that repo to see if you can install something from there, if not I would create a topic on the official MX Linux forums. Is your system updated and running the most recent kernel?
yep my system is up to date,just in case the kernel isnt, what is a way to check the kernel update version

i figured it out, turns out i just needed to change from nomodeset to amdgpu.dc=0, thanks a lot though

Members online