[SOLVED] Help squashfs error cant switch pc off

Wixen

Reaction score
Credits
OK so I flashed my linux lite iso, install went perfectly until I hit restart, have squash vs error and cant turn pc off or restart. What do I do now?

It's OK, got it now, not sure what happened there....

Booted back up and working normally now. Thank Goodness.

fingers crossed

Everythings fine, I've been tiptoeing through the system, enabled the firewall, tried most of the programs, watched a few YouTube vids, obviously after configuring Firefox for privacy. PC is running nicely (much faster) doesn't seem to be any driver issues. I'm well happy.

if thats Debian based which i think it is have a look for Timeshift in repos
Linux Lite is Ubuntu based, and Timeshift is already installed. Lite also has a nice tutorial included about using it. @Wixen, it's well worth looking into Timeshift to recover from potential disasters. You might also look at @wizardfromoz's very thorough tutorial on Timeshift here on this forum.

Yeah I'd save that Baby with Timeshift while it's working well :), it's been standard with LL since the 4x series began. Swing over to my Thread linked by Stan above if you have any questions on the subject.

@Wixen you have a few Threads under your belt now - consider swinging over to

https://linux.org/forums/member-introductions.141/

and meet a few more of the gang. Maybe tell us what part of Britain you are from.

I'll mark this Thread as Solved for now.

Cheers

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

Members online