[SOLVED] How is it possible to install geogebra 5 on ubuntu?

Lorz

Reaction score
Credits
I need to install geogebra 5 (instead of version 6)
I download geogebra 5 from https://www.geogebra.org/download?lang=de
I clicked on the deb-file. It comes an answer in the repository like "installation failed file is not supported".

Does anybody know how to suceed?

open Gdebi first and use the file -open then select the file
If you do not have Gdebi installed
Code:
sudo apt install gdebi

open Gdebi first and use the file -open then select the file
If you do not have Gdebi installed
Code:
sudo apt install gdebi
Thanx. But how to open Gdebi? When I click on it in repository I get an error message. "downloading package "go-io-error-quark: Operation not supported (15)" (Sorry for the eventually bad translation from german)

OK, I switched it. I clicked on the geogebra deb file and chose open with Gdebi. That works so far. Now to the next trouble..

Wow, there came NO new problems! :):):)
Lord Boltar this is only for you and comes deep from heart:
You saved my (work-)life. For weeks I have so many troubles with windows but I'm despairing while trying to switch to Linux after using windows for 25 years now. And after having so many problems with nearly every installation on ubuntu - even installing ubuntu itself - this evening was point I decided to give up I change to Apple if ubuntu keep killing me dead with GeoGebra.
Seeing GeoGebra 5 working on my computer is most beautiful thing in last 4 weeks. Thanx you!

Last edited:
That's wonderful news, @Lorz :)

Now would be a good time to make friends with Timeshift and take a screenshot.

If you are using Ubuntu 20.04 or newer, it will be available in the Software Centre.

Cheers

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

OK, I switched it. I clicked on the geogebra deb file and chose open with Gdebi. That works so far. Now to the next trouble..

Wow, there came NO new problems! :):):)
Lord Boltar this is only for you and comes deep from heart:
You saved my (work-)life. For weeks I have so many troubles with windows but I'm despairing while trying to switch to Linux after using windows for 25 years now. And after having so many problems with nearly every installation on ubuntu - even installing ubuntu itself - this evening was point I decided to give up I change to Apple if ubuntu keep killing me dead with GeoGebra.
Seeing GeoGebra 5 working on my computer is most beautiful thing in last 4 weeks. Thanx you!
Glad it worked for you

Members online