[SOLVED] INVALID MAGIC NUMBER; NEED TO LOAD KERNEL FIRST

KGIII

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Credits
I find downloading .iso's via torrent is both quicker and has that unique advantage thrown in for good measure

Some of the Ubuntu family will even verify the integrity during boot, but that's only verifying what it's told to verify and not checking against an online checksum or anything.

KGIII

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Credits
That's rough albeit interesting,

Yeah... Your security application will ask everything about you, including things like past sexual experiences and who your childhood friends are. Before granting clearance, they go through your entire application - including meeting with some friends and family to verify the integrity of your application.

They actually will overlook indiscretions, so long as you're honest about them. It also matters on what exactly you'll be given clearance for and how important it is that you have that access. It's very much a 'need to know' type of thing. So, if you're tasked with such, you're best off disclosing your indiscretions rather than trying to hide them. They're very thorough and they will find out.

Anyhow, all that information was stolen - from hundreds of thousands (or more) people. At the time, my last application was more than a decade prior, so I have no idea why they were still holding onto it. I was happily retired at the time.

wizardfromoz

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Credits
Somewhat off topic here, folks, albeit an interesting read.

I've marked the Thread as solved.

Cheers

Wizard

$100 Digital Ocean Credit
Get a free VM to test out Linux!

Staff online