<solved> MX Linux - can't install dockbarx in MX Package Installer

rudrani1971

Reaction score
Credits
Happy Xmas in July everyone!

As per my title, I just installed MX Linux from the recommendation of several of you fine folks here at linux.org. I'm following the instructions of this site to whet my whistle so to speak:

One of the things it suggests is to install dockbarx using MX Package Installer. I made the attempt and this is the output I got:

Reading package lists...

Building dependency tree...

Reading state information...

E: Unable to locate package dockbarx

E: Unable to locate package dockbarx-applet-all

E: Unable to locate package dockbarx-applet-appindicator

E: Unable to locate package dockbarx-applet-battery-status

E: Unable to locate package dockbarx-applet-clock

E: Unable to locate package dockbarx-applet-hello-world

E: Unable to locate package dockbarx-applet-namebar

E: Unable to locate package dockbarx-common

E: Unable to locate package dockbarx-dockx

E: Unable to locate package dockbarx-mate-panel-applet

E: Unable to locate package xfce4-dockbarx-plugin

Obviously I'm online else I wouldn't be able to post this new thread, so that isn't the issue. Any input folks? Thanks again to everyone from before for being so doggone helpful!!! :D

@rudrani1971
If your now happily up and running, can you please edit the title of your other post by adding "solved"

Being Old and Grumpy I haven't messed around with my installation of MX, apart from installing a few apps that I regularly use, so just to say have fun

Bwiz

@rudrani1971
If your now happily up and running, can you please edit the title of your other post by adding "solved"

Being Old and Grumpy I haven't messed around with my installation of MX, apart from installing a few apps that I regularly use, so just to say have fun

Bwiz

Hi again Bwiz,

care to share which apps you use regularly? I'm sure you have at least a few which I might enjoy also? :)

Happy Xmas in July everyone!

As per my title, I just installed MX Linux from the recommendation of several of you fine folks here at linux.org. I'm following the instructions of this site to whet my whistle so to speak:

One of the things it suggests is to install dockbarx using MX Package Installer. I made the attempt and this is the output I got:

Reading package lists...

Building dependency tree...

Reading state information...

E: Unable to locate package dockbarx

E: Unable to locate package dockbarx-applet-all

E: Unable to locate package dockbarx-applet-appindicator

E: Unable to locate package dockbarx-applet-battery-status

E: Unable to locate package dockbarx-applet-clock

E: Unable to locate package dockbarx-applet-hello-world

E: Unable to locate package dockbarx-applet-namebar

E: Unable to locate package dockbarx-common

E: Unable to locate package dockbarx-dockx

E: Unable to locate package dockbarx-mate-panel-applet

E: Unable to locate package xfce4-dockbarx-plugin

Obviously I'm online else I wouldn't be able to post this new thread, so that isn't the issue. Any input folks? Thanks again to everyone from before for being so doggone helpful!!! :D
Try this
Code:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:xuzhen666/dockbarx
Code:
sudo apt-get update
Code:
sudo apt-get install dockbarx
If you want to use dockbarx as a Xfce panel applet you also need this command
Code:
sudo apt-get install xfce4-dockbarx-plugin
To get more themes for DockbarX and DockX use this command
Code:
sudo apt-get install dockbarx-themes-extra

which apps you use regularly
only a couple
sound converter [converts most sound formats to MP3] quick and simple to use
Picassa 3 [via wine lazy quick photo editor, now discontinued it still works ., the later versions were cloud based]
Proton Vpn [self explanatory]

Bwiz

I would recommend staying away from ppa's on MX Debian does not play well with them.
From the MX wiki
"Use in MX Linux
Our policy is that we discourage installing Ubuntu packages on MX Linux as it can (and has) caused problems. However, MX Packagers can examine the components of the ppa to see if all their dependencies appear to be met, to look for anywhere Ubuntu and Debian have different names or locations for the libraries, and hunt for anything systemd related. So it would be prudent to ask them about particular repositories you are thinking of adding."

Last edited:
Is there a way to configure MX to work between OpenVPN and SoftEther? I thought I came across something on the web but now idk.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts