{[SOLVED]} Problem again! Related to Wi-Fi

thomwalks

Reaction score
Credits
Hello, i currently use Windows on a new machine and i would like to install Arch Linux. My main problem here is that my motherboard does not have integrated wifi, i need a driver for the antenna that i got plugged in the back and i don't know if the driver is available on Arch Linux. I've used Arch Linux before but never seriously did because i always ended up switching back to Windows because of problems. And i'm guessing if i can't connect to the internet from the installer, i won't be able to install anything but arch itself right? I don't know which is what in terms of hardware so any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance i won't instantly respond to answers

My network specs on Windows device manager:
"Network adapers", Bluetooth Device, MediaTek Wi-Fi 6 MT7921 Wireless LAN Card, WAN Miniports for IKEv2, IP, IPv6, L2TP, Network Monitor, PPPQE, PPTP, SSTP
I attached an image of what the antenna looks like, found it on google it's the same as mine.

Attachments

• H001e730ab027438ba08db4813051f891W.png
    H001e730ab027438ba08db4813051f891W.png
    142.8 KB · Views: 145

Why not boot your pc to a 'Live" version of Arch Linux?

If the wifi works there it will also work on a proper Install

How do i do that? Do i just boot as usual with the main Archlinux bootable? Sorry i didn't think it through very much before posting i should have done my tests

You can read this thread:

Thanks for the reply and indeed it works in the live installation. Thanks for the quick answer and sorry for disturbing you with my absolute obliviousness. :/

Members online