[Solved] Rpi net boot from Ubuntu server

georgejohnson5610

Reaction score
Credits
I'm trying to net boot a cluster of pi 3B+s from an Ubuntu server(18.04). The image I'm trying to net boot is oracle Linux 8.4 (ARM64). I've been following this tutorial with the dhcp section being replaced with dnsmasq since I don't have a security gateway yet.
I have triple checked the settings and tried reinstalling everything a couple of times. However I cannot get the Pis to net boot. I was wondering if anyone could give some insight on what I'm doing wrong. I'll post my configs below and can add any configs/settings/images etc if miss anything out.
All configs are in this pastebin (I think i added them all)
edit: I have just released that the Ubuntu server has not been assigned an ip. On initial install it was 192.168.220.95, however after configuring the network settings it is now 127.0.0.1.
Notes: I am aware of the 3b+ netboot problem and have downgraded the firmware

Solution: This probably wont help anyone because its such a silly mistake but i forgot to recursively change the file permissions for the tftp directory so ended up just making /srv rw access and not /srv/tftp.
To check if this is a problem enter sudo systemctl status dnsmasq if there is an error at the bottom of this status that says permission denied for your tftp directory (error should be in red) the run sudo chmod -R 777 {directory for all your tftp stuff}

Members online

No members online now.