[Solved] This feels like a stupid question: How to make "everything".. bigger?

update to everyone: I had to remove Fedora from my desktop, for storage space.
I am using my laptop now as a Linux device, the specs are in my signature.
So far I am really really enjoying using Mint more then fedora, I feel like mint is level one, and fedora is like level 2-3. at some point it will be easy to use, but for now It wasn't usable for me due to many issues I simply didn't have time to work through:

Simply put: how do I adjust the size of "everything" on Linux Mint. I can update the original post if needed.
Thanks and cheers!
Mint is nice. But if you really wanna learn, go to arch and memorize their wiki. It helped me a lot... :D

update to everyone: I had to remove Fedora from my desktop, for storage space.
I am using my laptop now as a Linux device, the specs are in my signature.
So far I am really really enjoying using Mint more then fedora, I feel like mint is level one, and fedora is like level 2-3.
Are you using X11 of Wayland with Mint now and What is the size of your monitor/screen, can you share a link to what monitor you actually have?

Mint is nice. But if you really wanna learn, go to arch and memorize their wiki. It helped me a lot... :D
Memorizing stuff isn't helpful, it's better to learn from experience.

Are you using X11 of Wayland with Mint now and What is the size of your monitor/screen, can you share a link to what monitor you actually have?
I am using X11 on Mint. and considering this is an HP Pavillion laptop its a built in display. :D

I don't see how anything can look small on that laptop, it even has a a 1080p screen resolution, it's not like it's 4k which does make things look smaller.

1675202537671.png

@f33dm3bits is this too small or do I need glasses?

Last edited:
And this is what it looks like on my 1440p monitor.
Screenshot_20230131_233424.png

Last edited:
That looks pretty normal to me,
Ah alright, thanks for the input :D I shall be customizing Linux Mint to my liking, but it is helpful to know this size is normal.

And this is what it looks like when I use 1080p resolution in a vm.
Screenshot from 2023-01-31 23-23-28.png

Does that help and put things into perspective?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts