(SOLVED)Timeshift partition,mounting &Secondary HDD mount destination

gbn15

Reaction score
Credits
I have some questions relating to Timeshift mounting & secondary HDD mounting

1.Is it viable to have a separate Timeshift partition?I learned that Timeshift snapshots are saved by default on the system root partition( / ) in path /timeshift but I want to create a separate partition for Timeshift & mount it to a newly created directory under a mountpoint.I want to have this done on the same hard disk not an external one.
My question is where do i mount it?is it /mnt or /run or some other mount points And do i need to create another directory beneath the mountpoint?

2.If want to add a secondary HDD for data storage,where do I mount the drive partition(file system)?Do I mount it to /mnt ,/media or /home/username/data.?

i put my snapshots on a SD card, which i first formated to ext4 .
That SD card is :
Code:
/dev/sdb1 on /run/timeshift/backup type ext4 (rw,relatime,errors=remount-ro)
[andrew@darkstar:~]$

I use cli for delete and creation of snapshots but the first time i set up using the gui. if you look at the image , it shows via the settings where you want to put the snapshots. My SD card does not have an entry in /etc/fstab but timeshift seems to be able to find it no problem . I think Chris , wiz has his timeshifts to a single delegated partition on his hd . So yeah yo ucan do that

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2022-04-15 13-13-26.png
    Screenshot from 2022-04-15 13-13-26.png
    57.8 KB · Views: 309

Members online