[SOLVED] Troubleshooting Bluetooth problem led me to lose audio device as well

Code:
0: phy0: Wireless LAN
        Soft blocked: no
        Hard blocked: no
1: hci0: Bluetooth
        Soft blocked: no
        Hard blocked: no

Try downgrading your kernel version and see if it works.

It did not. :(
Downgraded from 5.4.164-1 to 4.19.220-1. I can't try upgrading to 5.10.x because it only boots to black screen.
Try to reboot it and see if the black screen continues.

Try to reboot it and see if the black screen continues.
Yeah, 5.10.84-1 boots to a black screen, some nVidia issue from what I can tell. However, just tried 5.14.21-2 just to see if it would boot and it does. Sadly, still get the br-connection-canceled error when trying to connect bluetooth, and can't pair as a new device.

Yeah, 5.10.84-1 boots to a black screen, some nVidia issue from what I can tell. However, just tried 5.14.21-2 just to see if it would boot and it does. Sadly, still get the br-connection-canceled error when trying to connect bluetooth, and can't pair as a new device.
Run this command in terminal to get your bluetooth chipset name: lsusb | grep -i bluetooth

Paste here the result.

Here it is:
Code:
us 001 Device 004: ID 8087:0a2b Intel Corp. Bluetooth wireless interface

I tried following instructions for changing from pulseaudio to pipewire, which also did not work for me. So then I thought why not change back to pulseaudio and start the bluetooth troubleshooting all over.

Now I don't have bluetooth connecting but get the error
Did you have bluetooth working before you made changes? Because if not it could be kernel related. You should ask about this on Manjaro forum and one of their team members might help you out with this.

Did you have bluetooth working before you made changes? Because if not it could be kernel related. You should ask about this on Manjaro forum and one of their team members might help you out with this.
It was working before, I'll do that and check out the Manjaro forum. Thank you again for so much help!

It was working before, I'll do that and check out the Manjaro forum. Thank you again for so much help!
You're welcome, good luck with getting it fixed.

Members online

Latest posts