[solved] Will we be able to Play Hogwarts Legacy on Linux?

tinfoil-hat

Reaction score
Credits
I saw it uses Unreal Engine 5, if that helps something

Jay, thanks!

The Steam Deck is a compatibility layer that uses Proton to run Windows games on Linux.
The Steam Deck is a handheld console, Proton is a compatibility later to run Windows games on Linux which the Steam client uses to run Windows games on Linux which the Steam Deck also uses because the default os on the Steam Deck is Arch Linux.

The Steam Deck is a handheld console, Proton is a compatibility later to run Windows games on Linux which the Steam client uses to run Windows games on Linux which the Steam Deck also uses because the default os on the Steam Deck is Arch Linux.
Well, I wasn't sure, since there are still games in Steam catalouge which arent playable via proton (for example Elderscrolls Online)

Well, I wasn't sure, since there are still games in Steam catalouge which arent playable via proton (for example Elderscrolls Online)
Looking from protondb its currently on gold. Can't test myself though :/

I was reacting to @Lord Boltar who had it the other way around. Since the Steam Deck isn't a compatibily layer but hand-held console, Proton a fork of Wine is the compatibily layer.
Looks like Elder Scrolls Online should run alright since it has a gold rating on ProtonDB because most people seem to be able to play it with a few exceptions and no one complaining about Anti-Cheat.

You're not joining the boycott train? Or are you playing exactly because of it? :p

Its quite a rare occasion that a game can be successfully emulated so soon after release, but this one is even gold rated! You're good to go!

Its almost a meme you know, "The adventures of captain proton and his struggle against the evil, lazy developers who aren't making games compatible on Linux"!
proton-head2-777x437.jpg

Hi,
I use a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti and Linux Mint I set the following for better experience:
set in

/etc/sysctl.conf
"vm.max_map_count = 1000000"

On Steam settings choose proton 7
Rightclick the game and choose "properties". There you find the "Launch Options" There you enter:
RADV_PERFTEST=gpl

In the Game, disable VSYNC

This atleast for makes the game much more stable.

I use a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti and Linux Mint I set the following for better experience:
This atleast for makes the game much more stable.
I'm not suprised since the following graphics specs are the recommended ones
NVIDIA GeForce 1080 Ti or AMD Radeon
But you have the minimum hardware graphics specs.
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 4GB or AMD Radeon RX 470 4GB
I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have any trouble running it if I were to buy it and without tweaks.

You're not joining the boycott train? Or are you playing exactly because of it?
I just read the reason why some people are boycotting the game, I don't think the artistic part of a person are the same as the person in their private life including their personal beliefs or ideas. Just like Michael Jackson was a great performer(dancer and singer) but I don't like what came to light about his personal life. Although the person who wrote the Harry Potter books has nothing to do with the game, the whole world around it is still her creation as the books she has written so probably intellectual property? However I never read the books or watched the movies so I have no intent of buying the game because it's just not my type of game.

I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have any trouble running it if I were to buy it and without tweaks.
For me, the game crashed ~ every 45 minutes and had serious shuttering within cutscenes. The tweaks solved the issues for me

For me, the game crashed ~ every 45 minutes and had serious shuttering within cutscenes. The tweaks solved the issues for me
Your graphics card is a few generations older than mine ;)

Your graphics card is a few generations older than mine ;)
The shuttering was reported from many gamers / streamers, and was even common with Windows users with very higer specs than I have

Members online