Some nifty stats from Linux-Tips.US (for November 2022)...

KGIII

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Credits
These are stats pulled with AWStat - one of the more accurate stat tools that operates directly from your server logs.

The site is now predominantly Linux and Google Chrome (or browsers that identify as Chrome, including Chromium, Brave, etc.) and this is what that looks like, including percentages:

pMh9Esv.png

I figured some of you may find that interesting. I pay quite a bit of attention to the stats. It's fun watching the growth.

LOL Once upon a time, I was pretty happy if I got 20 visitors in a day. As you can see, I get a whole lot more than that these days.

That's a good figure of 1 million plus, David :)

BTW I didn't know anyone still had Netscape.

Wiz

BTW I didn't know anyone still had Netscape.

It seems at least a small group of people are using a browser that identifies as such - but it could be an unknown bot. These stats try to weed out bots, but they can only weed out those that they know about.

No web stats are really 100% accurate. Heck, Google only counts those that load their tracking script - which is blocked by a whole lot of people.

And, yeah, the site's gotten pretty popular. 'Snot nearly as cheap to run as it once was. LOL It's chewing through a respectable amount of bandwidth these days.

I didn't think anyone still used AOL however I found that quite a few folks I know still use AOL.

I guess some things never change.

I didn't think anyone still used AOL however I found that quite a few folks I know still use AOL.

I have a couple of folks that I know who still use AOL email addresses.